turbo whistle

jays3

Reaction score
i recently purchased a 2001 s3, was just wondering if there is anything i can do to make the turbo whistle more prominent, on previous cars i have had its been alot louder, just like the noise.

Sometimes you can hear it a bit more if you just upgrade the panel filter, green cotton or something similar, i have one with a 007p DV and can hear it clearly at until the revs get to high!

I agree, when I got my A4 remapped the whistle (I like to call it Wooshing :p) was far louder, it's a lovely sound too :D:thumbsup:

Would it be worth me changing my Bailey DV to the 007p that people talk about? I didn't even know my car had one on until brought.. I originally thought the lot was standard..

Turns out it's revo'd and has the bailey DV! (god knows what else..)

to be honest jimmeh if you got the baileys the 007p isnt going to make that much of a difference. if yours is revo'd like mine along with the dv then should hear a reasonable whistle especially when warm

Stick your head out of the window and scream in time with the turbo :racer: :)

........or strap a cat to the turbine and boot it.... 1 shot deal so not gonna be as effective as Nilz suggestion....

how do i remove the silencer on the boost pipe, a remap is next on the list, am a bit skint at the mo after buying the car

a bit skint at the mo after buying the car

One of the best purchases you've made for a while though I bet, right? ;)

Get yourself the remap, it makes such a difference. (I brought mine already Revo'd (little did I know!), but I had it put back to stock for 10 minutes and it was horrible!!! It was though I was stood still.)

Got any pics of the beast?

Noise only? Get yourself a remap and an open filter.

Although to be fair open filters are crap.

yeah really happy with it, how much am i lookin at for a remap, prices seem 2 vary, i will get pics up later, i have waited a long time to get 1 because i wanted a dolphin grey 1.

depends who you want to remap it really. theres loads of stuff on the forum about it. i've got a revo remap which is a vry aggresive map.:eyebrows: