EM TuningVolks Autos

Thread: New interior

Neutral

Status

New interior

Im not starting to get bugged looking at my seats which are worn and ripped.

I was wondering where i would be able to pick up a Recaro leather interior for the car or the S3 interior and how much id be looking at.

and would it be a straight fit if i took my interior out of the A3 1.6Sport 1998 pre facelift

Thanks guys
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport Black

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    can anyone help me with these questions?
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport Black

Dark Knight

Status
    yes should fit but what i can remember when a old mate did this it cost him 1k for the whole interior its not worth it save and buy a proper car

Neutral

Status
    Insurance is the problem mate im 17 lol so the car will be staying with me for some time to come.

well i've seen a few interiors on ebay such as a full S3 interior including door cards going for 500.

But i also like the 1.8T's recaro leather interior i wanted to see if anyone could help me to find something over the net or any sites to point in the right direction.
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport Black

Dark Knight

Status

Arrow HMMM

yeah flebay is the best place ,

or try all the forums out there . Maybe try breakers near you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Audi-Max View Post
    Insurance is the problem mate im 17 lol so the car will be staying with me for some time to come.

well i've seen a few interiors on ebay such as a full S3 interior including door cards going for 500.

But i also like the 1.8T's recaro leather interior i wanted to see if anyone could help me to find something over the net or any sites to point in the right direction.

5th Gear

Status
    I have a complete heated black leather S3 interior including reat seats & door cards, all in excellent condition, except for a passenger seat which does not tilt to allow rear passengers in. I bought an entire replacement interior on eBay to sort out this problem, as it was cheaper than the part for the passenger seat. It's all currently located in Bicester, and will all fit into an A3/S3 with the seats down and no passenger!

PM me if you want to discuss or talk pricing...

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

1st Gear

Status
    theres few on ebay prices normally start from
    500.not sure you will have the electrics all ready
    in place.sure someone will no.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by danny_s3 View Post
    theres few on ebay prices normally start from
    500.not sure you will have the electrics all ready
    in place.sure someone will no.
    yeh does anyone know if i would have the electrics in place?

i know under my seat i have a plug which looks like it could be used to plug into electric seats but not sure

anyone know?
    Audi A3 1.6 Sport Black

RAA RAA like a dungeon dragon!

Status
    There should be one plug for the airbags and if there are any others they will be for electric movement and another for heated seats.
    If you haven't got them and want to fit you will need a loom and also to change your climate control unti if it hasn't got heated seats on it.

i did mine on my A4 not too bad but quite a long job if you don't knowwhat you are doing.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by alijames View Post
    I have a complete heated black leather S3 interior including reat seats & door cards, all in excellent condition, except for a passenger seat which does not tilt to allow rear passengers in. I bought an entire replacement interior on eBay to sort out this problem, as it was cheaper than the part for the passenger seat. It's all currently located in Bicester, and will all fit into an A3/S3 with the seats down and no passenger!

PM me if you want to discuss or talk pricing...

Cheers,
    James what has gone on the seat as I've fixed mine b4 when I had the S3.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Audi-Max View Post
    yeh does anyone know if i would have the electrics in place?

i know under my seat i have a plug which looks like it could be used to plug into electric seats but not sure

anyone know?
    On the 8L they did actually pre-wire a number of options unlike todays cars like 8P, so its feasible you have the loom there, but to get electric seats working isnt to hard on the wiring, heated seats is little more work but not impossible, post image of the plugs/loom then someone can advise if its same as there electric seats plug.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nigelhobden View Post
    James what has gone on the seat as I've fixed mine b4 when I had the S3.
    Hi Nigel,

It's the tilt and slide mechanism for letting passengers into the back. Everything else works. I completely stripped down the seat, and traced the problem to the tilt mechanism within the backrest frame. Unfortunately it's within a welded together section, so it is a new backrest frame (~500) and this was confirmed by the recaro service agent.

Cheers,
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:

S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    so wasnt the micro switches then fella, oh well worth a try

so couldnt fix with welder or anything?

5th Gear

Status
    On the 8L they did actually pre-wire a number of options unlike todays cars like 8P, so its feasible you have the loom there, but to get electric seats working isnt to hard on the wiring, heated seats is little more work but not impossible, post image of the plugs/loom then someone can advise if its same as there electric seats plug.
    Just had a quick look at my 'spare' interior. The airbag has a yellow plug/socket, the Seat Motors have a red plug/socket, and the heated loom uses a Green plug.

Hope this helps to identify the wiring...
    Alistair

Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:

5th Gear

Status
    so wasnt the micro switches then fella, oh well worth a try

so couldnt fix with welder or anything?
    Sadly no. I tried to take to welded on 'cover' off, but it's properly welded on, and did not want to get the grinder out as I had the seat back to vertical.

I might have a go over the cold winter nights, as it is a 'spare' seat now.

Cheers,
    Alistair

Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:

4th Gear

Status