RS4 Wheels for My A3

iancooney

Reaction score
First post here, just got my first A3. 2000W with only 19'000 on it - pretty rare low milage. So now i want to improve it.

First stop to replace the 15" 6 Spokes.

I want to jump on the bandwagon and get some RS4 9 spokes, but i need some advice. Which look better : 17" or 18" (Are 18" to big, would the car appear like a monster truck?). How much would they be available for, with tires? (i don't mind second hand)

I have seen the updated tail lights for £37 a piece on Carlamp.com - is that the cheapest, and are they easily fitted? I have also noticed a few members have attempted to update the headlights, but that sounds pretty difficult.

-I would really appreciate it if someone would pass down some knowledge to a new owner and member of audinet!

Cheers

Hi Ian and welcome to the site! a good investment by the sounds of things and I'm sure you'll be muchos happy with it (what model is it?)

anyway on to the wheels, mine are the RS4 18's with goodyear f1's - they look great (well IMO /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif) have a look at my pics on here or let me know and I'll post some up 4 ya/email any better ones. lots of people have them, so I'm sure you'll find some good pics! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif The tyres are pricey for 18's (well the goodyears are - I should know as had to replace one when i wripped teh tyre wall /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif) Not sure exactly what they are retailing at, but if you search hard I'm sure you'll find a good deal.

.............as for the facelift lights - good move! There's a group buy going on at planet audi very similar site to this, so get signed up on there too for more audi help! At £37 each are they genuine Audi parts? That include Vat and delivery etc? Apparently they are VERY easy to fit! 4 bolts apaprently and 5 minutes!

anymore info let me know, hope this helps and welcome! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Rob

Hi Ian. Welcome to the family!!haha!! Youve got the same shape as mine, but yours is newer!! Where bowts you live? See the post in meets etc if your near Donnington, weve arranged a meet there for on Sunday if your intrested.

18's on that would look sweet! Wont need lowering either, but again, that would well improve it further!!

recommendos - is ur A3 is on standard suspension? Looks quality.

Ian,

we are in the same boat, I have the exact same car and looking at the exact rims.....18"!
Not sure were you live but in australia, Melbourne I haven’t seen many a3 1.8T's with 18" RIMS on the road but from the pictures they look GR8 on! not sure about the height of the back of my car... I think it might need lower springs.... is the back of your car MUCH higher than the front.... I know the 1.8T model is meant to be lower than the standard non "T" model.

PS: what kind of interior have you got?

i've got 19's you can get 20" on no problem, i've lowered mine 30mm too - the front sits lower than the back due to engine weight.

a3-4.jpg

a3-5.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
20" on no problem

[/ QUOTE ]

But handling would be awful, acceleration would seriously suffer, the speedo would be wayout, not to mention that it would look seriously stupid. 20's are for Brabus Mercedes, Porsche Cayennes, Hummers .etc.. keep them there in my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
20" on no problem

[/ QUOTE ]

But handling would be awful, acceleration would seriously suffer, the speedo would be wayout, not to mention that it would look seriously stupid. 20's are for Brabus Mercedes, Porsche Cayennes, Hummers .etc.. keep them there in my opinion. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

true, i just love big rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif guess i'd better buy a bigger car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
[ QUOTE ]
RichA3Turbo said:
[ QUOTE ]
xdam said:
20" on no problem

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true, i just love big rims /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif guess i'd better buy a bigger car! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats fair enough! Your welcome to your opinion /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I reckon 18's are the best all rounder for performance and looks.......all depends on the route you want to take your car (looks or performance)

i have just put 18s on my a3,looks nice...as for tyres,i paid £79.50 each all in,for 225/40/18,i am not interested in the handling etc,so i went for the cheapest i could find.

[ QUOTE ]
S3 Mike said:
I reckon 18's are the best all rounder for performance and looks.......all depends on the route you want to take your car (looks or performance)

[/ QUOTE ]

Definately! 18's are the way to go for good all rounders.

fanx lee! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I've got a koni and eibach suspension setup, mine also looks to sit lower at the front (must be of that heavy assed engine like xdam says!). from some angles it looks fab, though sometimes when i look at it from the back it looks liek it needs lowering more! heh heh

xdam - how much do tyres cost for 19's! I thought 18's were pricey enuff! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif looks ace though! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

xdam - I even like teh photography skills! looks like some dodgy abandoned warehouse/hideout retreat! makes ur car look mean - lmao! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Yeah cheers lads, good to hae some people to talk to who are familiar with the A3! I am sure i will be on here a lot asking lots of questions in the near future.

The general consensus seems to be 18"'s would be the oens to go for. As soon as i saw them i thought they were one of the best designed set of wheels i had seen on an Audi - when you see them on your cars they suit the A3 so well. Looking forward to getting some.

The taillights should improve the look of the car, as it has been well looked after

Leespears : i got your email and thanks, it's just a matter of getting the readies together, keep you postsed. I am in Glasgow so Donnington is too far just now!

YNotA3 : Just your standard grey and silver checks! But always nice

RichA3 : thats interesting about the large rims affecting performance - as i said 18"'s seem the way to go.