Ess Three advice please...

wizard

Reaction score
Glenn, or whoever this may concern.

I have now had my 2003 225bhp S3 Quattro for 12 months and it really is the dogs! Current spec is..

18" Audi Alloys
Factory Sat Nav
Silver heated leather
Centre Console
Chrome Mirrors
etc...

Has just about every optional extra you can fit on the S3...

It's now time for me to have it modified, never been happy with what seems a huge delay in accelleration between putting pedal to floor and it actually taking off... Unfortunately, I do computers and not cars and so am not mechanically clued up as to why this is or how to find a cure for it. I've sent it back to the Audi stealers on several occasions but with no success. Whenever they reset the ECU it seems to go really well for a while but after a few days it seems to settle into a relaxed mode where it just doesn't feel as powerful or responsive as it should...

Anyway, really enjoyed the post on cyuens S3 and would appreciate some recommendations. I have the money to do required mods (am willing to spend several grand if need be) and need pointers in the right direction please. Dont want to wast money buying unneccessary additions, ducts, pipes, gadgets, etc...
Car has NO engine mods as yet (not even a new DV). I have been pointed in the direction of RSD for the Oettinger chip but your input and open ears await... Like I said earlier, I think my S3 has biggest lag in accelleration ever, try and race anything and they always get that head start, gotta stop that...

Have two years of Audi warranty left I don't want to compromise if it can be avoided...

Advice is much appreciated...

Martin
(aged 31 - no boy racer!)

I guess the Jabba IHI 360bhp conversion is out of the question then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Your best bet is to go for a simple remap. APR seem to do one of the best services at the moment as its customisable.

What are you looking to get from it? Simply faster acceleration, or do you want to improve the handling of the car aswell?

Rich

Was actually looking at the AMD Sportec Double Injection but have to budget for my SKY+ subscription as well so it was out of my budget...LOL

Seriously... Just after a nice, safe, reliable upgrade package to give me lots more accelleration with instant responsiveness (and I want my cake and to eat it!!!). Need to have the knowledge and trust in the car that when I press that pedal it's gonna shift when I press the pedal and not any time in the one or two seconds it feels like it.. Don't have enough trust or faith in it at the moment... I feel at the moment I would be hard pushed to beat your average 1.8 A3 or Golf GTI, etc...

Don't have much issues with the handling but dont drive it like a **** so dont really know it's limitations... Slight understeer and drift cornering hard but 18" Alloys 225/45 Michelin Sports seem to do the job but as stated open to suggestions. Will hapily spend money on genuine benefit to the car. It's my pride and joy...

Regards

Martin

PS On a side note does anyone know the speed/specs for the Golf V5 and should I be able to paste one?

I got an APR chip and cruise fitted a few weeks ago, I'm very happy and th car is totally different, press the pedal and it doesn't half shift now.

V5 was at first 150 bhp, and then they came with 170 bhp (red line on the V) and yes you should be able to beat one with no trouble.

If you are having this problem with hesitation perhaps you should get that sorted before remapping as that might just make the problem worse...Perhaps you should attend the MK or Windsor meets to compare your car to others.

Are you running on Optimax fuel or 95?

Dunc

[ QUOTE ]
Wizard said:
Glenn, or whoever this may concern.

I have now had my 2003 225bhp S3 Quattro for 12 months and it really is the dogs! Current spec is..

18" Audi Alloys
Factory Sat Nav
Silver heated leather
Centre Console
Chrome Mirrors
etc...

Has just about every optional extra you can fit on the S3...

It's now time for me to have it modified, never been happy with what seems a huge delay in accelleration between putting pedal to floor and it actually taking off... Unfortunately, I do computers and not cars and so am not mechanically clued up as to why this is or how to find a cure for it. I've sent it back to the Audi stealers on several occasions but with no success. Whenever they reset the ECU it seems to go really well for a while but after a few days it seems to settle into a relaxed mode where it just doesn't feel as powerful or responsive as it should...

Anyway, really enjoyed the post on cyuens S3 and would appreciate some recommendations. I have the money to do required mods (am willing to spend several grand if need be) and need pointers in the right direction please. Dont want to wast money buying unneccessary additions, ducts, pipes, gadgets, etc...
Car has NO engine mods as yet (not even a new DV). I have been pointed in the direction of RSD for the Oettinger chip but your input and open ears await... Like I said earlier, I think my S3 has biggest lag in accelleration ever, try and race anything and they always get that head start, gotta stop that...

Have two years of Audi warranty left I don't want to compromise if it can be avoided...

Advice is much appreciated...

Martin
(aged 31 - no boy racer!)

[/ QUOTE ]

With the warrenty thing in mind, the ONLY thing is Oettinger! They guarantee if Audi refuse to honour warrenty due to the mod' they will - and pay for Audi to do the work! Nuff said!

Running on optimax always...Car owned from new...

Once forced to put 95 in as got caught out in the stix somewhere and the 95 petrol made car go much faster and responsive (like reset of ECU again!) but engine was MUCH rougher and exhaust sounded like it had a hole in it... 98 seems slower but much smoother?

Have read postings about car running on a 95 or 98 program? how do I tell?

If I take the car to RSD will they sort it u think? Audi have managed to do F**K all about for the past year and it's really depressing me!! Took on a V5 few days ago, he didnt beat me or pull away but it felt like we were evenly matched and I had no advantage over him...

Martin

He was probably a better driver, do some track days to improve your abilities.

Try re-setting the throttle and see if it makes a difference. This is done by turning your key into ignition, but not starting the car. Then step on the throttle pedal all the way down for 5 secs, release, then start the car up again. Found this info on another forum for Audi TT's, and it seems to work for my S3.

Joe

Sorry, I forgot to mension, this only works if you have DBW throttle, kinda makes the throttle more responsive if it's feeling a bit lazy, especially after driving through rush hour traffic at 5mph. It's probably just me though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Joe

basically re teaches the throlltle fully open and fully closed, so its more accurate in between.