Shake, Rattle and Anti Roll bar bushes

Clach

A3 - 1.8Ts
Reaction score
Symptoms: Nasty rattle over bumps, squeak over speed bumps, but it passed it's MOT through Audi (they picked up on tracking arm).

I have had the Wishbone bushes changed, is it the ARB bushes, how can I check. It seems to be coming from the passenger side and sounds worse in the mornings, until the car heats up....

Another big bill...? :think:

I'm not sure about your problem, but I had a bad squeak at the front once the car heated up and it was the bushed on the ARB, which had 'eaten' about 1mm into the bar over the years. This was on the A3 1.8T Sport

It mean a new ARB and once replaced the noise disappeared.

I'm not sure about your problem, but I had a bad squeak at the front once the car heated up and it was the bushed on the ARB, which had 'eaten' about 1mm into the bar over the years. This was on the A3 1.8T Sport

It mean a new ARB and once replaced the noise disappeared.

How much did the Arb replacement set you back?

The ARB was from EuroCar parts I think and was about £80... don't quote me on that though as it was about a year ago and I can't find the receipt :banghead:

Just did mine - aftermarket part and in Australia but after conversion it was roughly 80 pounds of your money. Much better car to drive now