Considering Black diamond grooved disks and pads

Effect

Reaction score
I am getting pretty bad brake judder under medium braking which normally means warped disks.

So I am considering upgrading the disks to some black diamond grooved disks and matching pads

anyone have any experience with these ?

I have never run that set-up. All I can say is that people rave about the BD discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads setup. Same with the DB Predator pads most liken them to EBC but for the money go DS2500. Me, I've heard that the 'Blackness' comes off over time and gums up the set-up so I doubt I will ever buy them for that reason. I have standard Mintex Discs and Pads, will be uprating the pads to DS2500 at some point. If I have to get a full new set-up I would hold out for a £500 2nd hand Brembo or similar set up and do that. As by the time you've forked out for new BD Discs and DS Pads you are looking at the £250-300 mark anyhow.

ds2500's EVERY time with BD discs.....

a mate of mine went with BD discs AND pads, and to be honest, it was *****. The DS2500 pads are so well suited to the BD discs, you would be silly to get anything else!

I ran DB discs and predator pads (much better than OEM), before the Brembo's. Never a problem had, no fade and always bit well.
Cant argue with those with experience of DS2500, always heard good things about the combo.