Engine management light!

R55_SND

Reaction score
well hello folks im new to the site and i just picked up my 2002 audi s3 from the garage today, one problem though is that after about 1 hour of driving it the engine management light has come on? there appears to be no change in the cars driving and performance still feels the same, is there any way this can be re-set and is it ok for me to drive as need to drive in to town to pick up my girlfriend from the station tonight?

thanks in advance
Ross

:blackrs4:

could be a number of things mate, but possibly a sensor. I certainly wouldnt give it the beans until you take it back to the garage as they should sort it out for you under warranty! Oh and welcome to the site-nice choice of car lol

yeh thanks mate was just thinking it might have been a case of the car lying around doing nothing for a month or so then being out for test drives now and then, and then finally given a proper run it didnt like? i will chance going to the station tonight and pop in to the garage tomorow!

Its an Audi mate you could leave it for a year and it should still run fine! lol! beauty about buying from a trader is the compulsory warranty that comes with the car!

yeah, get it back to the dealers asap. welcome to the site BTW

Nice car and welcome! For sure go back to the dealer and do not let them fob you off. If you can find out the exact coding of the error you can then post up on here for others to be wary off it. Also have a log at the 'Members with VAG.COM' thread to see if there is someone local to you who may help in scanning it again for you in a couple of weeks to make sure no reoccurence comes back

well it appears to have cleared itself, i went out to the car the following morning and no light at all and i hasnt came back since!

If the fault doesn't re-occur for a number of stop start cycles then certain faults will clear, the fault should be logged though.