removing rear lights

darkspin

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

Need a little advice on how to remove the rear lights from a W reg A3T. I can see it is secured by the 4 screws but im actually finding it hard to find a tool to use to get a grip onto the screws in order to undo them without getting in the way of something else. Can anyone recommend a way of taking them off. The most awkward ones to remove are the ones on the right hand side of the light as it is covered by the plastic part that holds the bulbs in.

If you remove the bulb holder from the cluster you should be able to use a 1/4" rachet and socket for a majority of the nuts IIRC, and a spanner for the others.......it really isn't complicated.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

thanks 4 the advice m8 but managed to get em sorted in the end and here are the results, personally i think it looks much better and brightens things up /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BEFORE
DSC00332a.jpg

AFTER
DSC00504a.JPG

darkspin - that car looks WELL CLEAN! what you use? like the lights too. pleased u didn't go for them god damn lexus thingys! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm looking to get the facelift ones soon!

oooh no dont like them lexus lights

i aint cleaned it at all but i did get it back last week from audi from repair work so dunno what they used to clean it - its not that clean either its just the way the sun reflects off the car and plus u cant see the bird [censored] on the other side /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

well I hope mine is as clean when I get it back! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif awaiting estimate now from audi - might be here in the morning!

Good choice and as quoted glad you didn't get the Lexus onese /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif