Tyres... The Road Noise! Ahhhh!

DPM

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
Reaction score
Website
www.dpmperformance.co.uk
Right, i sold the LM's off the S3 to another forum member and then bought a set of original S3 Avus wheels and tyres to put back on from a another different member. They have Regal tyres on, and i knew they weren't going to be the best but my god they're loud! I don't just mean, 'hmmm, notice a bot more road noise with those' i mean 'god are my wheels on properly'. They're ever so slightly out of balance but that can't be what's causing it so i'm going to have to change.

I know on the S3 Avus 17's you need 225/45/17 but has anyone put 225/40/17 on? :eyebrows:

Hey Damian,

I was talking to a colleague about this the other day as he had the same issue on his car, it turned out to be the balancing, and now all is A-ok...maybe its just a simple case of that??

I did think that but they don't seem to be that much out, no steering wheel shake anyway. May be worth a try though. Damn i wish we fitted tyres!

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Damian @ DPM

225/40/17's are way out compared to the stock rolling radius, nearly 3 inches smaller, not recommended.
225/45/17's should only be about £75 a corner for Toyo T1's or Goodyear F1's. Go to blackcirles.com and select fully fitted, then call the local recommended fitter direct and he should be able to do them for even less.