Volks AutosChris Nott
    3rd Gear

Status

Some queries about my new S3

Hey, after finaly entering the Audi ownership experience (I love it!), i have a few questions I was wondering if anyone could help me with.

1. Headlights, I have read the manual and it says that the Xenons automatically adjust themselves to protect other road users, but I seem to not be able to see enough (angled towards the road too much). And passengers seem to agree with me. This only happens without the main beem, is this usual? and is there much i can do about it?

2. Servicing. I don't think my car has been running the long life servicing mentioned in the manual (and on this froum), can you convert to this? and if so how?

I think that's about it, overall I'm loving the car [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/1luvu.gif[/img]. I have been reading this forum reguarly and have been hugely impressed with the advice given, keep up the good work! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

2. # ADS
    ADS

Welcome to my world...

Status

Re: Some queries about my new S3

Hi Rob

Welcome to the world of the Audi S3, not had mine that long either, since last Nov, but they are great [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

I think if you do a search on the forum you'll find something out about the lights, it's a known problem, something to do with the motor, if I remember rightly...

Can't help with the servicing thing, though...

Rich

6th Gear

Status

Lights can be adjusted by Audi and service can be changed from AVS to fixed and back again. If on AVS a specific oil is used but, unless you use Mobil 1 which can be used for either.

3rd Gear

Status

Rob, there is legal room for adjustment on the headlights, as already mentioned do a search. I've had mine adjusted to just within the upper legal range and they are *much* better.