Side Strip

FazS3

Reaction score
Just discovered the drivers side strip has come a bit loose from one end,does any one know how i can get it to sit properly again cheers

the bumper strip? side diffuser? footplate strip?

I reckon he on about the lower plastic bit at the bottom of the doors, £70 for a new one from your local Stealer dude, they are pretty much goosed if you can see a nice large gap.

if its the bumper strip then it uses self adhesive if its the diffuser its an m4 screw 28 pence worth and if its the footplate use a six inch masonry nail

yeah im talking about the lower plastic on the door,£70 lol is there no way of repairing the damn thing!

IMG_3385.jpg

134-3405_IMG.jpg

134-3403_IMG.jpg

134-3404_IMG.jpg

use no more nails if the thread is firked and your a skinflint ahem...I meant not wanting to spend money

lol so basically you sayin get a new one??lol grrrr

do i need to take the screws out from the back of the door to take it off yeah?

glue it...whats the worst that could happen? :eyebrows:

good idea!but you joking about the nail right lol any advise how to take it off?

the ones on the back off door yeah?M4 im not familliar with screw types if thats what you on about sorry mate

new one is a pain as it wont match colour wise. I drilled a small hole in the side of the strip/plastic and put a tie wrap through - it's held it a lot closer for 5 months now...cheap fix

I would have thought the other screws will be knackered as well - may be wrong but i'd try fixing it first as mucking about with the screws will end up going down the route of a new one

yeah i have mine colour coded so it would be a pain gettin the new one resprayed,well ima have a crack at it 2moro cheers lads!

I took mine off ground it down flat then drilled the holes slightly deeper ran a tap down it and screwed it back on snug :)

my driver one is doing this too so anoying, plus the passenger one was replaced by the previous owner and looks comletly different shade to the rear one so i might end up getting four new ones guurrr, anyone no a price on therear ones?

Not sure about the price on the rears, but it's 67.78 + VAT for the drivers side one and they don't come painted, they are gray though so if someone wasn't paying attention it might just get put on the car!

Mine wouldn't come off at all, screws all knackered, ended up basically ripping it off and then drilling the screws out! I didn't have any signs of rust along the bottom of the door though!

JoJo - did you paint yours yourself or get it done as I'm thinking of having a go if Audi can get the paint?

Someone replaced one of mine in the past and I noticed a difference

I attacted mine with some TCut and their all the same colour now!

They show as primered because their code is probably GRU on the end for Grey, which is also the suffix for Primered parts on the system

Think there may have been some confusion with your pictures as the second lot when the new ones are on are in a brighter light and look almost as if they have been painted silver for a constrasting effect!