A3 Sun Roof Problem

acex

Reaction score
Hi,

I have a Audi A3 1.8T Sport and have a problem with the Sun Roof. The Other day I opened it and it went all the way taking in the bottom cover aswell.
Now it won't come back out, it I use the dial, it moves a bit out and goes back in.
I think the bottom cover is jamming the sun roof but can't get it out. Has anyone else experienced a similar problem and how do I fix it or how much will it cost to sort it out?

Thx

I've not had that problem...
Didn't you get a manual winder with the car, for problems like this? (looks like an allan key)
Could you try some gentle assistance. ?

Don't ask me where you put the key, I havn't looked in the manual yet.

There is no manaul winder.
I has a rotary dial which automatically opens/lifts/closes the sundroof.
I have tried wedging out the sun visor which seems stuck and gone in with the sun roof itself but can't manage to get it all the way out.

RTFM there is a manual rewinder you just need to remove the trim to get to it.

As gareth so eloquently put it there is a manual winder its behind the trim just next to the dial..

Thanks for the help, I will try it after work.
Hope it works.

I was kind of thinking if you could manually move the sunroof, while wedging out the sunvisor... you might be able to free things. Don't force things though, I'm just guessing Audi would try this first if you took it to them.

winder2.jpg

winder.jpg

Tried it last night, problem solved. Thanks for all the help.
When this first happened I called a Audi dealer in Chingford and they were useless. All they said is bring it in, after speaking to 3 sperate engineers, one did say try to wedge the visor out but nothing about the manual winder.
They were willing to charge me £150 plus.

[ QUOTE ]
acex said:
Tried it last night, problem solved. Thanks for all the help.
When this first happened I called a Audi dealer in Chingford and they were useless. All they said is bring it in, after speaking to 3 sperate engineers, one did say try to wedge the visor out but nothing about the manual winder.
They were willing to charge me £150 plus.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhhhhh... the good old Stealer Tax for people who don't RTFM!!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh_roll.gif

Let this be an enlightenment to us all!!!

HI

My S3's Sunroof is in the tilt position and it does not want to close, i can hear wanting to try and close for a second then it stops. i have tried to see if there is any obstruction, but cant find any, will it be safe to manually wind it down. and how do i remove that trim, to find the winder?

thanks in advance for the reply's