This sounds safe!

Khufu

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with that. They are a pretty good idea for a N/A car. Cheaper alternative to an turbo/supercharger, but obviously not as good.

Rich

I just thought that the ecu would need to be remapped to compensate for the extra airflow. Hey, if I got one could I put a Merc Kompressor badge on my car LOL

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:
I just thought that the ecu would need to be remapped to compensate for the extra airflow. Hey, if I got one could I put a Merc Kompressor badge on my car LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, it really depends on how much it boosts. Its probably only a very low boost pressure like 0.3 bar in which case the ECU would compensate for the extra air. Would need to do som logging with VAG-COM tho really. For the price, its worth a go. Do a bit of research first!

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
khufu said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet the ECU can cope with the minimal breeze that these devices create. We had a discussion about them ages ago, and as Rich says, you will get barely a few PSI above atmospheric pressure on most applications.

Why bother strapping a hair dryer to your car, brings a whole new meaning for a "hairdressers" car. bearing in mind that turbos spin up to 100k rpm and this only spins to 8000 rpm, its more likely to cause a restriction to flow, especially if its switched off. Imagine what it sounds like while your driving along with this thing blowing!