Remote Fob

FazS3

Reaction score
Alright fellas,
had to ask how is the battery changed on the fob?and would it need reprogramming of any sort?both of my fobs seem to be a bit slow in responding have to press the button numerous times before it works.
Also would tracking be needed after fitting a new set of wheels?
cheers

Just get a new battery and its easy to take apart ..
wouldn't need reprogramming . And you dont have to do tracking after fitting new alloys..:arco:

Alright fellas,
had to ask how is the battery changed on the fob?and would it need reprogramming of any sort?both of my fobs seem to be a bit slow in responding have to press the button numerous times before it works.
Also would tracking be needed after fitting a new set of wheels?
cheers

how do you take it apart though?sorry if i sound silly lol

Use a screwdriver to prise the blade and transponder apart below the 4 rings using the recess. Then using the screwdriver, split apart the rectangle transponder part to reveal the internal circuits and batteries. IIRC you need 2 x CR1620 batteries, got 5 from Fleabay for £2.50. After this you then need to reset the key with your car, check out your manual for how to do this or have a look here: http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=18923

well i changed the batteries and i was reading in the manual you can do the windows up and down using the fob is there any other features the fob can do?on the new s3 you can change some features using vagcom,i was wondering would it be possible on the 8L model aswell?