can you help?

bazza s3

Reaction score
hello ive got a 2000 s3 had it remaped. just after haveing it remaped it has developed a problem. in 1st 2nd and 3rd its fine. when i put it in 4th 5th or 6th and put my foot down as soon as i hit 3000rpm my car starts to hesitate and seems like it starts to misfire. its got a brand new maf so it cant be that. does any one have any ideas? thanks for your help

bazza

its got a brand new maf so it cant be that. does any one have any ideas? thanks for your help

bazza

I personally suggest you try to drive the car with the MAF disconnected and see if the hesitance still occurs to eliminate the MAF, it's possible to damage these things during installation, or I have heard of new ones being knackered already, so fragile they are...

ok ill try unpluging it hope it is something simple ill loet you know what happens thanks.

there have been a few posts on here about coil packs failing after a re map due to the extra heat and other factors. Id do what JoJo suggests and unplug your MAF and use process of elimination if that doesnt help try the coil pack you may have had 1 or more gone.

Good Luck

How is the car nowits mapped ??
thinking of getting mine done ?? Who did You go with ???

i un pluged the maf today and it seemd to pull fine so the new maff must be broke. i pluged it into a code reader tho and there was no fault code??? does unplugging the maf afect any other sensors? so im going to ring audi in the morning and sort out geting my maff changed. fingers crossd it will be as simple as that but im not to hopefull.

i un pluged the maf today and it seemd to pull fine so the new maff must be broke. i pluged it into a code reader tho and there was no fault code??? does unplugging the maf afect any other sensors? so im going to ring audi in the morning and sort out geting my maff changed. fingers crossd it will be as simple as that but im not to hopefull.

From my experience, a faulty MAF does not always come up on diagnostics. It might be that it works at lower parts of the rev range, but doesn't quite cope with the higher airflow of the upper rev range?
Other faults are split hoses causing a small boost leak or possible boost valve faults, but I've yet to experience these yet.(touchwood)

I've just changed my MAF and have an entirely different car. My MAF readings were really low, but there were no faults logged; I think MAF faults are only logged if its not working at all but not if its mis-reading airflow.

My post about this is here: http://audi-sport.net/vb/showthread.php?t=58999

My money is on at least one failed coilpack...mine did exactly what you're describing after having it mapped.