Gear Knob & Fog Light Help

ruairi83

Reaction score
I have 8L A3 and the leather on gear gaiter is ripped.

Want to get new gear knob and gatior.

Any suggestions and is the facelift gera knob easy to fit or does it need modding?

Also changed the front end of my a3 to and s3 front end.

Does anyone know where i could get fog lights for bumper. Websites etc...

Cheers
Ruairi

I have vagparts fog lights???

Yeah but i aint paying £205 for fogs mate. I can get them on ebay for about £40 each ... Look to know if anyone has ones for sale or anywhere else i can get the for good price.

Also DBXdarkangel:

You just changed the knob. I want to know does the whole gear gaitor and knob fit a direct replacement as my gear gaitor is tatty and the knob isnt much better!

Cheers
Lads

The gaitor comes attacked to the knob.... you may have to change the frame where it attaches into your console ... i did and it was quite a stretch to do it ... but it came out ok in the end i think...
DSCN1133.jpg

The gaitor comes attacked to the knob.... you may have to change the frame where it attaches into your console ... i did and it was quite a stretch to do it ... but it came out ok in the end i think...
DSCN1133.jpg

cheers mate just what i was looking for pic and advice. Thanks

Glad to help.... as i said the frame where it attaches to the console was different on mine... it's just stapled on so i removed the one that came with the knob and used superglue to fit my old one..... i really had to stretch the leather to get it round the old frame but taking time glueing it bit by bit it soon went on... just make sure you keep the seam on the leather gaiter central so it looks nice later

DBXdarkangel:

You just changed the knob. I want to know does the whole gear gaitor and knob fit a direct replacement as my gear gaitor is tatty and the knob isnt much better!

Cheers
Lads

you can seperate the gear knob. i bought a new gater from audi stealers for £12 and fitted the new gaitor to the new S line Gear Knob. took me like 10mins. simple. the one i bought like urs form ebay, the gaitor was too small and making it fit would look too tight.
anyways heres the PDF file.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B0HCT770