my S3

Steve - about the climate comfort screen / gps thing.

Does it completely block the signal to the device ?
Is there any solution ?

Ive got a bel 996r here at the moment, and Im in two minds to get it fitted, or send it back and get a gps and radar/laser detector combo instead.

tks
will

nothin to do tonight so I thought I would put some spec on to the board. Nothin special (Ess_three don't laugh ok? ahha)

AmD Chip
AmD DV
R32 rear anti roll 19mm
H&R Coilover Sport
Milltek cat back (damn those cats are expensive)
Stoptech brake setup
SPEC stage 2 clutch and lightened fly wheel
Apexi boost gauge with controller
Samco hose(s)

Soon to be on list:
Star performance front mount
looking aroudn for a turbo upgrade ... IHI ?
new wheels, ex owner crapped up all 4s

Any other suggestions are welcome!! (even better if you can sponsor me for it hahahaha)

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
nothin to do tonight so I thought I would put some spec on to the board. Nothin special (Ess_three don't laugh ok? ahha)

[/ QUOTE ]

Me? Never! You have a very wrong opinion of me... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif
I'll give you my personal opinions on the list:

[ QUOTE ]

AmD Chip

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice...just don't get too highly strung over the accuracy of the dyno plots.

[ QUOTE ]

AmD DV

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really any better than the Forge unit...still needs overhauling every couple on months.

[ QUOTE ]

R32 rear anti roll 19mm

[/ QUOTE ]

And no front upgrade?
Brave man...
Here comes my rear end...my front will be along in a minute!

[ QUOTE ]

H&R Coilover Sport

[/ QUOTE ]

After this weekend's research, I'd look into KW too...excellent product!

[ QUOTE ]

Milltek cat back (damn those cats are expensive)

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice sound...barely adequate fit, not worth the money in terms of gains...

[ QUOTE ]

Stoptech brake setup

[/ QUOTE ]

Good choice...
Better than the Porsche set up? Who knows...
For trackdays...great.
For road use, the Brembo kit is superb and will save you enough to buy the Milltek cats!!

[ QUOTE ]

SPEC stage 2 clutch and lightened fly wheel

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably a wise upgrade... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Apexi boost gauge with controller

[/ QUOTE ]

With an AmD re-map?
Odd.
Just not required...

[ QUOTE ]

Samco hose(s)

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks very pretty...
Standard do the same job...

[ QUOTE ]

Soon to be on list:
Star performance front mount

[/ QUOTE ]

Excellent upgrade...

[ QUOTE ]

looking aroudn for a turbo upgrade ... IHI ?

[/ QUOTE ]

IHI from Jabbasport...had a long chat to Mike on Sunday...damn good product and well sorted. Proven time and time agian...that's the one to go for.

[ QUOTE ]

new wheels, ex owner crapped up all 4s

[/ QUOTE ]

Resist the temptation to go too big if you want handling...

If 'bling' is your thing...then fit the biggest, shiniest, heaviest cheap *** wheels you can find...

If not try to stick to 8" wide and go to 18"...they offer the best compromise.

Also, get the best / lightest wheel you can afford...makes a big difference to the handling.
A 8" x 18" BBS 2pc wheel with tyre will weigh in at about 1 lb LESS than the standard 17" set up...offering more grip and less work for the suspension to do.

Good luck...and enjoy!

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
R32 rear anti roll 19mm

[/ QUOTE ]

Interesting, the TT guys in the US have been putting 19mm Neuspeed Rear ARB's on for years in combination with the stock bar up front. They swear by it, love the results and have not had any snap oversteer probs. Neuspeed is too expensive here for me to justify the upgrade.... is the R32 19mm ARB a direct bolt-on to the S3?

yeh AmD do a lot of direct bolt on of hte R32 anti. Bascially the reason i missed out on the front anti is because it cost so much to install. Also i have not research into how many "mm" i should go for (ess_three recommendations?)

No blings for me please. Sportec 18 are the max size, but I heard OZ are really really light.

Boost gauge installed for future engine mods~

Agree on the milltek barely adequate fit!!

I have a collapsed intake pipe hence the addition of the samco (perhaps of all the hype about it as well)

Star performance upgrade definately awesome and awesome price, must get.

How many of us on the forum are using the IHI upgrade from Jabba? Would love to hear some comments and reviews!! or anyone tested one

one things about the coilovers, as stock, my front end is pretty low compare to my rear, and my friend told me to lower the front by 10 and rear by 15. any comments

[ QUOTE ]
Rai said:

Interesting, the TT guys in the US have been putting 19mm Neuspeed Rear ARB's on for years in combination with the stock bar up front. They swear by it, love the results and have not had any snap oversteer probs. Neuspeed is too expensive here for me to justify the upgrade.... is the R32 19mm ARB a direct bolt-on to the S3?

[/ QUOTE ]

I can believe they have..
But TTs handle differently to S3s...

And having been down the road previously of having a car with a really big rear ARB that 'didn't suffer any snap oversteer' until one wet day on a muddy road...result: one written off car.
The potential is there...one day it'll bite you.

All I can say with utter confidence is that the set up I run has NO understeer, NO oversteer and WILL NOT not bite you under snap oversteer conditions. Believe me, myself and David R have tried!!
My S3 is totally neutral now...
You can take many liberties with it...
You can do things with it that shouldn't be possible...
And this is with both front and rear ABR upgrades.

I personally, couldn't drive a car 10/10ths if I suspected it had the ability ro bite you...it's not relaxing.

Maybe the rear bar will kill the understeer, but I find it hard to believe that you can dial in enough front end confidence using a standard front ARB, to be able to really push the limit...the standard bar just doesn't allow you to do this, in my opinion.

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
[ QUOTE ]

AmD DV

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really any better than the Forge unit...still needs overhauling every couple on months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hi

Just wondering what is required for overhauling the DV? Had mine on for a couple of months now, so it could be due... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Woody_S3 said:

Hi

Just wondering what is required for overhauling the DV? Had mine on for a couple of months now, so it could be due... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

I notice it needs attention when you don't feel the car is as smooth...it hesitates coming on-off throttle and somtimes seems to surge on full throttle out of certain corners.

Each time I've cured the problem by overhauling (cleaning & re-lubricating) the DV.

Thanks

I thought as much, I've felt engine hesitate a bit before the power comes in a couple of times.

I'm going over to Wales at the weekend, so it'll give me a good chance to see how it runs.

Maybe time to get the spanners out...

Rich

Ess_three

2 things I want to ask you:

What size front anti roll do you have. and what do you recommend to get now for the front (19mm at back)

2) Is it a good idea lowering 10mm at front and 15 mm at rear

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
Ess_three

2 things I want to ask you:

What size front anti roll do you have. and what do you recommend to get now for the front (19mm at back)

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 22mm front, 19mm rear.
I would suggest that the 22mm Neuspeed bar works really well...but there may be a VAG 21mm or 23mm that would also work as well.
I can't remember what the R32 runs? Or some of the A3 quattros...anybody remember off the top of their heads?

[ QUOTE ]

2) Is it a good idea lowering 10mm at front and 15 mm at rear

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't forsee a problem with lowering those modest amounts.
Should be fine.

[ QUOTE ]
Woody_S3 said:
Thanks

I thought as much, I've felt engine hesitate a bit before the power comes in a couple of times.

I'm going over to Wales at the weekend, so it'll give me a good chance to see how it runs.

Maybe time to get the spanners out...

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

north or south wales??

[ QUOTE ]
Woody_S3 said:
[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
north or south wales??

[/ QUOTE ]

North Wales Pete, Bala. Going rafting, so I might not be posting for a while as I recover from the broken bones...

Rich

[/ QUOTE ]

i'am going to bangor for a week then down to carmarthen for week if you or anyone see's a ming blue S3 flying around wales at the speed limit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif give me a flash
ps good luck with the rafting

[ QUOTE ]
peteTDI said:
if you or anyone see's a ming blue S3 flying around wales at the speed limit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif give me a flash
ps good luck with the rafting

[/ QUOTE ]

Will do, have fun