Anyone race a blue golf in Melbourne tonight?

mdt

Reaction score
I had a burn-up with a silver S3 tonight. Just wondering whether the owner drops into this forum at all.

In case anyone is interested, I was coming back from my sister's place in St Kilda when this Audi with xenon lights pulled up behind me. I thought, prolly a 2.0 litre fwd or some such. Didn't give him much thought. But, as is my practice, I thought I'll just stay a little bit in front just in case he wants to play.

So much for that theory. By the time I realised he was gunning it, it was too late. I made up a little ground at the top in first, but it wasn't enough. I made a little more ground up at the top of second, but again, it was too late. As he ran out of road I got passed, and then jumped on the brakes. And then he jumped on the brakes after me. By that stage I was thinking. "HOLY MOLY BATMAN, he's going to rear end the car in front." But no, he pulled up in plenty of time. Those S3 brakes are substantially better than mine.

I pulled up next to him, gave him the big thumbs up and peeled off right.

When I got home, I recounted my shame and embarrassment to my neighbour Sam, who said it sounded like a mate of his. The car is apparently chipped. It would want to be. My sister's S3 is nowhere near that quick.

Oh the pain..., the pain...

Next time buddy, next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I've got a Golf VR6 with a bit of engine work: big valve head, Shrick VGI and 268 cams etc. Normally I embarrass my sister in her S3 so bad, she won't race me anymore. Though, she'll never admit it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Correct Ess-three. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Costa, just making some new friends.

Who knows, if the Missus let's me buy an RS3, I should be around more often. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif