Suspension Sorted!!!

Maz

Reaction score
Had my Bilstein B8 Shocks and -25mm H&R springs fitted at APS yesterday as well as KW Tie arms, Defcon 2 Bush Kit and R32 Front and Rear ARB’s.

A few pics 24hrs on...

DSC03295.jpg

DSC03292.jpg

DSC03290.jpg

DSC03291.jpg

DSC03300.jpg

...It just feels so much better to drive now, I specifically took a few A roads on the way back from APS to put the new set up to good use and was instantly impressed with its composure and control along the twisty and uneven country lanes. Loving the cornering speeds and the way it soaks up bumps and uneven surfaces without jigging you about all over the place... thought it might look lower but still happy regardless.

I cant put into words how much of a positive effect the set up has had on the steering characteritcs, mainy in steering feel and control (turn in / change of direction).

I think the phrase...

"Surprisingsly comfortable whilst stiff at the same time"

...somes it up nicely although can't help thinking that sounds very much like a description for a sex toy... sure some of you might have a few suggestions, lol.

Must say the suspension guides and input from some of the forum members have been fantastic and have enabled me to make the right choice. :respekt:

looking very nice.

Need some spacers esp for the rears

good work mate - sorting the suspension out is a must on the S3 - its far too sloppy for a "hot hatch"

Maz you have just forced me into spending £1500 of money I didnt' want to spend!! Seriously, good feedback on the setup and it fits in with what everyone else is saying. How long did it take APS to fit the whole lot?

p.s. car height looks much better than standard.

Maz you have just forced me into spending £1500 of money I didnt' want to spend!! Seriously, good feedback on the setup and it fits in with what everyone else is saying. How long did it take APS to fit the whole lot?

p.s. car height looks much better than standard.

Thanks, dont blame me dude, the forum made me do it...

It certainly is costly but worth it overall. I've never really moaned about the standard set up previously having been none the wiser but now its just so obvious how poor in comparison it really is to the Bilstein/H&R set up.

They took about 5hrs in total due to there being a delay with the rear arb delivey on the day.

Out of interest what geometry settings did you go for?

Don't mean to sound vague but APS said it was what they would class as a fast road set-up. I dont have the print-out and will be returning soon to get it confirmed.