So..Did anyone go to GTI International?

dickys3

Staff member
Reaction score
I went on Saturday but haven't seen any posts regarding the event!

Was I the only one? Spotted a few S3's and also saw Glen's and Rich's motors on JBR Stand.

Very nice!

Cheers
Rich.

You should have made yourself known!!

As you say myself and Rich were on Rich's stand (JBR Performance), DavidR was also with us, as was Phall!!...and BarryRS4 was just round the corner on APR/Star Performance/Awesome GTI's stand.

We spoke to a few a-s.net regulars...good craic!!

What did you think of it this year Glen? Did you go last year? Do you think it was better?

I didn't go last year but went all the previous years... It was much better than the one they had in Swindon!

I have to say though that I think the TRL Crowthorne venue was still the best for me.

All in, I had a very good day. Bought loads of that Meguires stuff! (waxed the car on Sunday and it looks ace!)

Cheers
Rich.

Better than last year for sure...at first I wasn't convinced...but in the end it was much better organised and everything went much more smoothly.
I think it was a bit smaller than last year...but the Max Power brigade were lacking this year...which made a pleasant change! and that would have explained the slightly smaller scale.

Good weekend though...

As glen said, should have said hi! The show, i felt was actually better than last year... If the weather had been good, it would have been a fantastic weekend, but we all still enjoyed it! Roll on next year and the good weather for it!

It was however, a very expensive show as i have now got many costly plans to get underway to get readfy for next year.. and it will actually take me a year to do it all /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rich

How did you get on in the sprint Rich? I saw you queing but didn't see your run..

Did you see that black S3 going up the sprint against the scirocco (I think thats what it was anyhow!) The guy in the S3 was a foreigner and he claimed it was approx 300 BHP. It was funny when he got wasted!

I was hoping to get some 0-60 times and 1/4mile times for a chipped S3 but didn't manage to see much of the sprint..

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
Did you see that black S3 going up the sprint against the scirocco (I think thats what it was anyhow!) The guy in the S3 was a foreigner and he claimed it was approx 300 BHP. It was funny when he got wasted!

[/ QUOTE ]

It could easy have been a 300BHP S3...what was done to the Scirocco?

I got totally wasted by a Golf Rallye...standard it was not!

[ QUOTE ]

I was hoping to get some 0-60 times and 1/4mile times for a chipped S3 but didn't manage to see much of the sprint..

[/ QUOTE ]

I can give you some abysmal times:

Half a tank of fuel, boot full of luggage and the back seats also full:
0-60 = 6.47 1/4 = 14.91 launching at 2500RPM.
0-60 = 6.47 1/4 = 14.90 launching at 4500-5000RPM.

Not very impressive at all...at least I'm consistantly bad!

Oh, I got a ****** clutch too...

[ QUOTE ]
DickyS3 said:
How did you get on in the sprint Rich? I saw you queing but didn't see your run..

[/ QUOTE ]

Did amazingly crap. Couldnt even clear the 16's!!! This was down to a boot FULL of wet tent, gazebo, poles, clothes, half a ton of flyers .etc and half a tank of fuel. However, on the second run i kept up with a Golf MkII VR6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

Next year should be somewhat more interesting! lets just say that it'll have the performance to match the looks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
I got totally wasted by a Golf Rallye...standard it was not!

[/ QUOTE ]

Well it did get a 0-60 time of 4.3 seconds! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Who saw 'BIG DUB' get beat by the R32?!? Was absolutely incredible. The R32 (HGP Turbos twin turbo 550ps/710nm 3.2V6) got a 0-60time of 2.9 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif seconds exactly the same as big dub, but beat him by 0.06 seconds.

It was absolutely incredible... The car looks near enough stock from outside apart from the bitching front brakes and a few stickers... a real b*stard of a wolf in sheeps clothing. If your interested take a look at www.hgp-turbo.de
Had a look under the bonnet as it was on the KW suspension stand and it was an amazingly tidy job. So much so it could have come out of wolfsburg like that! The funniest thing was watching the KW suspension (fit!:p) girl as a passenger... she obviously didnt realise exactly how much force was about to be unleashed as she didnt have her head in the headrest... needless to say with 710nm of torque, it got slammed back into it pretty quick /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich

What colour was the golf rallye?

My fiancee's 3 cousin's are in to Dub's big time, ones got a black rallye with a tuned s3 lump in it, other's got a dark green Mk3 with a supercharged VR6 lump + Quaife 6 spd box(Big time sleeper!) and last but not least a turbo'ed scirocco not sure of the spec, but its rapid.

i'll have to find out if they all went....

[ QUOTE ]
jayfrst said:
What colour was the golf rallye?

My fiancee's 3 cousin's are in to Dub's big time, ones got a black rallye with a tuned s3 lump in it, other's got a dark green Mk3 with a supercharged VR6 lump + Quaife 6 spd box(Big time sleeper!) and last but not least a turbo'ed scirocco not sure of the spec, but its rapid.

i'll have to find out if they all went....

[/ QUOTE ]

it was a dark green rallye but they are mk2 not 3. Was a bit rapid.

Rich

Would probably help if i knew the difference's between Mk2's & 3's haven't got the foggiest idea mate! all i know is it sit on there drive, its a rallye & its a dark colour.

I'm usually too busy trying to buy his dads cosworth!

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:

launching at 4500-5000RPM.

Oh, I got a ****** clutch too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Careful Glen - it gets expensive - /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Well, we made it home...and let's just say we weren't sparing the horses on the run home!!

We tried a few hard launches and so far it's still holding...just!

Perhaps I should be researching it's replacement...

Does anyone know if there were any A-S sticker going there? I'm still waiting for my set to arrive after ordering ages ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Naresh said:
Does anyone know if there were any A-S sticker going there? I'm still waiting for my set to arrive after ordering ages ago! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No, there were no a-s.net stickers...

But we were having big chats about getting the situation with the shop sorted out since the 'management' change...

Things will be improving...please bear with us!

Here we go with a few snaps:
Proudly sporting a set of JBR Performance (for all your modifying needs!!) plates:

33445725-aa86-02000155-.jpg

33445723-3044-02000155-.jpg

And one under full acceleration...
Oops, is that clutch I smell? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif

33445724-9bb4-02000156-.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
cyuen said:
Rich was it a "she" that drove the 550hp R32? i think someone I talked to before knows her

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope... was some german dude

Rich

[ QUOTE ]
Ess_Three said:
Here we go with a few snaps:
Proudly sporting a set of JBR Performance (for all your modifying needs!!) plates:

[/ QUOTE ]
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Some great pics! Love the 'full squat and go' pic!

I was there in my Audi A3 (21ND)

Had a good time, but one year i may go when the suns out !

awesome pics love the Noggy S3 bewtiful

but why the crap times guys?

was it wet?

cheers
Costa...

[ QUOTE ]
XXX 1.8T said:
awesome pics love the Noggy S3 bewtiful

but why the crap times guys?

was it wet?

cheers
Costa...

[/ QUOTE ]

Weight! simple as that for me. My boot was overflowing (the parcel shelf wasnt sitting on the side panels anymore!) and i had a half tank of petrol. traction was excellent as it was textured concrete... What didnt help was when i went to shift into 2nd, my had slipped of the stick so lost myself a bit of time there too. I reckon i would have beat my time from last year if i was empty.

Rich

I managed a 5.7 0-60, and a 14.4 1/4. Not too shabby for a fwd car.

I assume the rallye was the IHI'd dark coloured one off the jabba stand?

The best car on the strip for me was Ben Leachs mk1 syncro 1.8t. Looks like a standard Mk1 gti, with 16" steel wheels. Totaly stealth, and in the top 5 fastest cars at the show.

[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
I managed a 5.7 0-60, and a 14.4 1/4. Not too shabby for a fwd car.

I assume the rallye was the IHI'd dark coloured one off the jabba stand?

The best car on the strip for me was Ben Leachs mk1 syncro 1.8t. Looks like a standard Mk1 gti, with 16" steel wheels. Totaly stealth, and in the top 5 fastest cars at the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you still running the K03S? Some pretty decent times there! Will have to race you next year /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Nope.
Running an E05 at the moment. I was prety disapointed in my 1/4 times, as i've run 14.2 at santa pod on the k03S, but then I guess santa pod is flat! and has accurate timing gear. My car did 5.99 0-60 on 4 consecutive runs, and I know they were all different. On one of them I had the ASR left on and on another one it was raining.

My cars in PVW last month in the brunters thrash.

If you want a race though rich, come to the GTI festival at the pod in july. Hoping to break into the 13's by then.

[ QUOTE ]
GolfTTish said:
If you want a race though rich, come to the GTI festival at the pod in july. Hoping to break into the 13's by then.

[/ QUOTE ]

Plans wont yet be implemented by then /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif got a lot to get done in the next 51 weeks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

What a grand weekend! Good banter, great cars, lots of drinking but shame about the iffy weather.

Nice to meet folk there, and as Glen pointed out, a good opportunity to speak with the new management re the forum.

What a priviledge to watch the Dialynx UR Quattro do a 2.6s 0-60 and 10.2s 1/4 mile /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Picked up a bargain or two at the stalls, and my digestive system has survived the ingress of a variety of stall bourne delicacies...

If anyone has been reading Glen's posts about his suspension setup and wondering if it works, then I can emphatically say "YES!". This car handles unlike any audi I have ever driven. Similar, but better to the R32 with supreme turn in (so much so I was winding off lock to avoid changing 3 lanes or hitting the kerb!), masterful damping and body control you could not imagine from a car with four rings on the bonnet. Roundabouts become an exercise in attaining maximum lateral g (to the non amusement of Suffolk's finest) and its fair to say that watching a non so fettled car trying to follow is very amusing (aka barge on pogo stick...)

So exhausting was this weekend, that I fell asleep in my first meeting back at work this morning - bring on next year!

Big thanks to Rich for letting us park up on the JBR stand and avoid the queues, the walk from the car park and getting wet when it rained!

Hello everyone,
Yep I was there and had a great weekend as well. to the few a-s people that I spoke to, nice to meet you all. Glen love your motor, looks lurvely.
Rich, top job on yours as well. The photos didn't do it justice, it looks fantastic. I only managed to buy myself some samco hoses and didn't run it on the track as my clutch is on the way out! Bummer!
Had far too many conversations with Jabba and Awesome, my mind is spinning in a whole world of heavy spending.
Nice to meet y'all
GBH
ps. I want that R32

I went on sunday got lost along with a few others who thought i knew where i was going,got very wet had a pocket full of cash came home with nothing.It was my first tme to GTI and overall not that impressed unless you have the erge to buy Lexus rear lights, plenty off stuff for golf owners but little else or maybe i am expecting to much not a bad show just needed more trade stands and sun thats it my grumble over /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Well Rich it seems you will always be chasing me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wish I could of made it this year, but you know it's kinda costly and business quite often gets in the way.....but I will make it across for a thrash soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Gambba said:
Well Rich it seems you will always be chasing me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Wish I could of made it this year, but you know it's kinda costly and business quite often gets in the way.....but I will make it across for a thrash soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i have a good excuse this time /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Too much damn weight! And in my case, the weight was due to business so business DID get in my ****** way /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif

Rich

I also popped along on Sat... Didnt go on the strip but did get the beast revo'd (if only for 5 hours)

Safe to say I had a wood all the way home. Had fun with a blue R32 on the way back. :)

[ QUOTE ]
ANDYTQ said:
I think rallye golf was 1.8t and supposed to be 300 bhp on a ko4 ?The events no where near as good at this venue ,to spread out.Red R32 tt was wicked .Cheers Andy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The Rallye was wikid... K04 tho... hmm. dont think you can reach that figure with a K04... not a true figure anyway.

The R32 is amazing! i want one!

Well I saw all your cars. I really should have said hello. I was right next to you Rich, as you were lined up for the strip.

I always feel a bit silly tho, just shouting at people I don't know!!

Anyways, here are some of my pics from the weekend. Enjoy.

001_JBS_A3.jpg

002_JBS_A3.jpg

003_Audi-Sport_S3.jpg

004_Audi-Sport_S3.jpg

005_JBR.jpg

016_black_dutch_S3.jpg

028_black_dutch_S3.jpg

034_HGP_twin_turbo_R32.jpg

033_HGP_twin_turbo_R32.jpg

099_yellow_RS4_avant.jpg

141_green_mk1_rocket_ship.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
HTC said:
I really should have said hello.

[/ QUOTE ]

Too right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Cool pics! i hadnt seen any of my car yet! Surprisingly it looks remarkably clean!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

I recognised bill from his many photos in magazines, and then I saw the blue S3. I knew it must be your car from the "RS3" badges.

Had no idea it was you chatting to bill tho!

Glad you like the pics.