AH FabricationsSky Insurance
Results 1 to 29 of 29

Thread: S3 spoiler..

  1. #1
    [Dave B]'s Avatar
    Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,970

    S3 spoiler..

    Anybody know where I can get one at a reasonable price?? I haven't checked with Audi yet as I'm sure it will be a complete rip off. Any variations welcome as its to go on my A3. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    bjacks's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    78

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    The Charactere one seems to be the boy. I believe Naresh has one on his A3.

    Cheers

    Ben

  4. #3
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for 60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!

  5. #4
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    heres a picy off the website...

  6. #5
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    According to my UK accessories brochure the spoiler is 150.00 GBP Inc. VAT.

    And according to my Dutch version of the accessories brochure, which by the way contains a hell of a lot more tuning parts than the UK version....Remus exhaust, chip tuning, Ronal, BBS and ATP wheels and the list goes on...anyway where was I, oh yeah the spoiler costs around the 230 GBP (After conversion obviously) including painting.

    So I guess what I'm trying to say is wherever you go Audi will rip you off [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

  7. #6
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    umm the offical audi one is crap...i bought it and took it back......its by ms design....pile of pants...when its on you cant even tell!....the one i will be getting is the S3 spoiler by the way [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

  8. #7
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    How much difference is there between the S3 and the spoiler that Audi offer for the A3.....??

    Oh and how does the S3 version mount?

  9. #8
    bjacks's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    78

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    The S3 one is literally twice the size. AFAIK the genuine S3 spoiler is bolted on trough the back screen and the A3 one is certainly bonded on.( I've got one at home). The aftermarket S3 ones bond on also.

    Cheers

    Ben

  10. #9
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Nottingham
    Posts
    28

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    My S3 went back last week to have a new spoiler, the bonded one was lifting off. The paint on the new one was crap so they are having another go this week. Did notice though that the "new" one is already lifting.

    I did catch a glimpse of the parts screen when they were ordering and the basic part costs 40 quid to Audi (as mine is under warranty) plus paint.


  11. #10
    [Dave B]'s Avatar
    Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,970

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    When I manage to acquire one i'm going to get it fitted by a local paint shop that I trust rather than Audi, the guy hasn't failed me yet so fingers crossed [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

  12. #11
    AL_B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Warrington, Northwest England
    Posts
    1,564

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    Yeah I remember the same topic was discussed on the old site.

    IIRC, the S3 spoiler, as fitted to all S3's, is bolted on. People who have performed this mod in the past, simply cut off the bolts on the spoiler, and glued the thing onto their A3's.

    If you are confused about parts etc. just ring Paul or Martyn at VAGparts, the are very knowledgable and very helpful.

    AL

  13. #12
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for 60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sorry I'm a bit late on this but I just checked out the website where you got this spoiler. How is it? How do you attach the spoiler you bought? My A3's silver, so would I have to spray paint it?

  14. #13
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    audidoodidoo said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    umm ive just bought the S3-tuning.de spoiler from Carsten....the guy doing the the rs4 stuff for the s3 and a3,.....ive been waiting a while for it ...because the bank buggered up, (still waiting fir it to appear should be very soon)....anyway cos ive had way too much time to reflect....im not going to put it on now,...gonna get an s3 instead of tarting up the 1.6 ..makes no sense really,....anyway...if you want to buy it off me when it eventually gets here,you can have it for 60+ delivery what ever that is...thats what i paid for it.....im,losing a tenner on it cos i had to wire the money to germany....boo hoo....anyway anyone interested before i get it and put it onto ebay?...may be wrong thread sorry!

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Sorry I'm a bit late on this but I just checked out the website where you got this spoiler. How is it? How do you attach the spoiler you bought? My A3's silver, so would I have to spray paint it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    hiya,...yeah this ones a bonded glue thing as well...and err you'll have to primer and paint it as well.....its just the basic spoiler really......umm carsten seems to be putting everything he makes on ebay.de hence a got it for a lot less than what you would pay through his own website store.....hope that helps.....goddamit its still not here though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]...how this work then ..i can courrier items to the other side of the world in 4 days...but from germany its taken 17 days already...ummmmm

  15. #14
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    Thanks for that, hope you get it soon? Probably worth chasing it up as 17 days is quite long of your bank transfer's already gone though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Would a normal person be able to prime paint and glue it on or is it best left to take it to a local garage and get them to do it?

  16. #15
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    audidoodidoo said:
    Thanks for that, hope you get it soon? Probably worth chasing it up as 17 days is quite long of your bank transfer's already gone though [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Would a normal person be able to prime paint and glue it on or is it best left to take it to a local garage and get them to do it?

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Your A3 will end up looking like a modded Austin Maestro, if you paint the spoiler yourself....IMO (Unless of course you have the proper equipment).
    Take it to a body shop and get them to do it, it's just not worth the hassle of doing it your self!

    Spray cans are ok for areas that can't be seen but for something as visible and smooth as a spoiler it's a no go, you'll probably end up with uneven coats and speckles from when the nozzle blocks every 20 seconds.

  17. #16
    [Dave B]'s Avatar
    Rrrrrrrr-tech

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    1,970

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    After 17 days i'd definately chase it! (nothing to do with the fact I want to buy it of you [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/angel.gif[/img])

  18. #17
    Drill's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Land of Good Beer, and better Roads :-p
    Posts
    928

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    Yeah, 17 days is a bit long. I think the longest I've waited for something FROM the UK to Germany was around 8-10 days. If I were you I'd check it out [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]

  19. #18
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    It only takes one day on DHL...... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img]

  20. #19
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    thanx guys.....i know ....and im worried, just got an email off carsten he said that the spoiler was in the uk...umm that was on thursday...its now saturday and nope nothing....goddamit i feel those vains in my neck.....dammit,,why cant things be simple...ehh?........poo pants ...im getting well worried......this is a long story but the spoiler believe it or not was ordered on the 21 st december!!!....then barclays bank buggered up like 6 times sending the money off....so they sent me complimentary bottles of wine to apologise...goddamit i dont even drink...anyway carsten got the wonga and on the 4th of this month he posted on TS.net...and not to my personal email that it had been sent....uummmm i can feel that vessel again....umm anyway its still not here but carsten mentioned sommit about monday,..so fingers crossed...im sure i could of made one out of beeswax by now [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  21. #20
    NeuSkoolA3's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    London
    Posts
    14

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    Funky_Junky said:
    Anybody know where I can get one at a reasonable price?? I haven't checked with Audi yet as I'm sure it will be a complete rip off. Any variations welcome as its to go on my A3. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]
    How much money are we talking here?

    Cause I've got a complete S3 boot lid [minus the rear screen] with the spolier fitted and ready to go!

    All you need to do is paint it, get your screen swapped and you'll be away!

    Let me know. Will consider PX your boot lid as I need the number plate recess!

    El's

  22. #21
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    still no friggin spoiler yet..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

  23. #22
    Drill's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Land of Good Beer, and better Roads :-p
    Posts
    928

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

  24. #23
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    1,361

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Or you could give Drill, Cartsen's house number and he could go #itch slap him for you..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] and maybe he'll get you a replacement one1

  25. #24
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]
    dude ive tried that...twice i didnt get a courrier number at all of him he asked me to mail him on monday but...nowt..and guesss what its tuesday and still no spoiler...and it was in the uk on thursday hey?...umm,....emailed him loads of times and only get a reply per 5 i send.....pants im getting so so annoyed!...how many days is it now?...gees!

  26. #25
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    Gambba said:
    [ QUOTE ]
    Drill said:
    Dude, see if Carsten will give you the tracking number, and start making some calls yourself. [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
    Maybe you can get better results being "in-country" [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/idea.gif[/img]

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Or you could give Drill, Cartsen's house number and he could go #itch slap him for you..... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/lol.gif[/img] and maybe he'll get you a replacement one1

    [/ QUOTE ]

    lol....now thats a good idea!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img].....fancy a bit of a drive drill!!!...ill chip in a fiver for life insurance!!... [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  27. #26
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    22 days and counting.....umm it must be coming over via pigoens..

  28. #27
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Posts
    6

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    [ QUOTE ]
    caractere 007 said:
    22 days and counting.....umm it must be coming over via pigoens..

    [/ QUOTE ]

    you still haven't got it??? [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
    It's a good price to get the spoiler but the company doesn't seem to reliable. Let us know when you do, goodluck!

  29. #28
    CARACTERE007's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    havin\' a giraffe
    Posts
    319

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    thanx guys...maybe im too harsh....make it 23 days now!.....drill you crack me up!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

  30. #29
    Drill's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Land of Good Beer, and better Roads :-p
    Posts
    928

    Re: S3 spoiler..

    *Ahem*... Shibby!! [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/groovy.gif[/img]

    [img]/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif[/img]


 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO