Check this out!!!! best interior mod ever fbmfsw

hharry100

Reaction score
Heres the proof
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=433&d=1161718746

As you can see one of the clever A2 forum members has fitted a flat bottom multi function steering wheel, with all controls on steering wheel fully functional.
This would also mean it is possible to add the same wheel to an A3/S3
i think this wheel looks great and would be a great retrofit.
what do you guys think???????

Always wanted to do it but i cant justify £600 in a steering wheel!!! lol

The main reason im attempting this mod is fro the control it will give me over the rns-e unit which i have also retro fitted, allowing for me to use the press to talk button on the steering wheel to operate the SDS (speech dialouge system) on the RNS-E, it would also allow me to easily fit the audi bluetooth box of tricks later.

i was considering the old original mfsw for the s3 which looks like a boat wheel and does not look sporty at all.

the mod should cost less then £600 in parts and i believe it would be a great retrofit.

the mod should cost less then £600 in parts and i believe it would be a great retrofit.

F*ck me, that's the price of a holiday! You must be MINTED. Or very very short of ideas on how to have fun with 600 notes!

Theres a chap on Fleabay that fit's these for about £500 i think, thats if he's still on there doing it, does look good and would be even better with the 8P gear stick and RNS-E!!!!

why not just buy the car you want ? rather than making your car look like one - could always save the money !

:shrug:

Best mod ever i think not!

I would rather put the cash towards a peformance upgrade, not a steering wheel.

isnt the flat bottomed wheel a different type of black...more of a charcoal colour

The colour is soul black which is the same colour as the facelift dash in my 2003 s3 so im sure the colour of the steering wheel should match, as the RNS-E is also soul black and that is the same colour as the rest of the console.

As for the bloke on ebay i have asked if he could fit this fbmfsw to my car but this retro-fit is more than just a straight bolt -on like the newer 8p shape, to fit to the 8L it requires major rewiring to have control of a bluetooth module and rns-e system from the fbmfsw. This will be a true one off for a 8l S3.:greyrs4: