Getting the car back today !!!

GT130

Reaction score
After driving over a ladder on the motorway at 70 mph I've had a long struggle with the Insurance company/Assesor and garage(s) to get my car sorted - the work started on the 5th May and I'm going to collect it today!

First off all the suspension bars/ball joints/bushes were replaced at a cost of £1700 odd quid, next came several goes at alignment which did not cure the pulling to the left, after chasing and chasing up insurerers/assesors and garages and getting the car trf'd from an Audi approved coachworks to an actual Audi garage I have this week had the alignment set-up properly (still not correcting fault) and now a full set of Pirelli P-zero nero Rossi's put on the car which i've been told have sorted out the remaining issues - I really hope it drives straight when I collect it later today !!

On top of the above works I had the front arb/droplinks replaced at the same time and the front bumper was resprayed so I am really looking forward to having a good drive of the anticipated 'tight' car - after almost 3 months !!!

Seeing as the weather is better now I'll be trying to arrange/suggest another local meet in the Epsom area, also planning a Thursday - Monday jaunt over to the Alps with a mate to check out some of the roads and swing back via the Nurburging on the way - good times !:greyrs4:

nice nice. no feeling like getting back into your own car with it feeling bang on (hopefully for you anyways)

Fingers crossed. Can't beleive its taken nearly 3 months to sort out. thats pretty crap to be honest. I'd have been kicking off!

Wow, its been long enough, hopefully it all works out for you!!

After the first works on the suspension it was given back to me with the same fault! I dumped it back with them but lost the Insurance rental car (Jetta tdi) and have been dumped in a Pug 107 1.0 3 cylinder for the last month - NOT HAPPY !

Then went through the assesor telling me the car is fine and just camber sensitive, then got garage to put it in writing that even on the opp. side of the road the car still pulled to the left against the camber, took this information to the Insurance company who then had to re-instruct the assesor - it all takes so long when 3 diff. parties are involved !

Anyway got there in the end and I reckon I have done pretty well out of it through having all the susp. replaced and tyres...

We shall see how it drives !

The car is driving really well - good end to a long saga !

Also considering the car has been away for so long and between 3 garages all i can find damage wise is the bumper does not seem lined up against the arch on one side at the rear - swear it was spot on before and guessing it's been lightly nudged but nothing worth complainging about as nothing would be done - how do i go about lining it up? Bumper off and try and pull out the mounting???

Dude, complain and get them to do it, if they have messed it up and it wasnt like that before, it shouldnt be like that when you get it back...simple....

However!!! I can understand your frustration and it might just be easier for you to do it yourself.

Glad you happy with it

It's only slightly off but having washed it so often I notice it - I'll sort it myself at some stage.

Lovely getting back in the car though - very quick on the motorway after the 1.0 pug !