Aaaaarrrghhh Mr unluckys back yet again, got my S3 back for 1 week then this happens

rhubarb4

Certified Audi nutter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
:sob:Hi all, not been around for a bit so time for an update from Gutted not even had it a month

Well No'1, Got my S3 back couple of weeks ago, after 8 weeks with the S4 (I had that longer than my S3).

Here are the photo's after Sharade repared her.
Picture100-1.jpg

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

As you can see they made a very good job of the repair which included a new wheel, a complete passenger door and rear quater.

Fast forward about two weeks later.:banghead: Splutter splutter cough cough, on my way home the car sounds terrible, after a quick post on here, a few ideas came about it being a Coil pack issue. Saturday morning off to Midland VW for Jody to check it out, Coil pack replaced, still not right so we moved on to check the spark plugs which one was melted so we changed all of them. Still the same which led to my horror as he checked the compression and number 4 cylinder had no compression.

So this week Jody stripped it down and has opened a can of worms, The turbo is damaged and the Manifold is cracked badly in several places.There are also signs of head damage,and he has told me it looks like the cam belt has gone on a previous owner while driving it, doing some damage.

So as you can imagine I'm now devastated, its going to cost me a fortune I'm just really gutted now it seems like I'm jinxed I just want a nice car with no problems for once. But now I have all that to replace plus the compression problem, this is going to cost the earth.

So now I'm back on the bus and train:3sadwalk: feeling miserable.:sign_unfair:

Thats why i dont buy red cars!!!

No seriously feel for you mate, you sure the garage havent been "cruising" in your car whilst its been away???

On the plus side of things, the car looks cracking and if Jody is looking at it, im sure he will do a great job of the car.

i feel for you falla i know the feeling very well my car been nothin but bad news from day one if u need turbo manifold and stuff i got a ko4 setup in my shed got the turbo manifold inlet manni injectors downpipe the lot if u interested

See Ste, yours is red as well!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! What a sweet looking ride mate, gutted for ya!
Any ideas of cost?

Thats why i dont buy red cars!!!

No seriously feel for you mate, you sure the garage havent been "cruising" in your car whilst its been away???

On the plus side of things, the car looks cracking and if Jody is looking at it, im sure he will do a great job of the car.

Thanks mattfinn.

Cheers Nilz, Its not been driven since i left it with them and there a resputible body shop so I have no worries about that. I have always taken my cars to Jody and I know he's very trust worthy and he will help me out a lot with the parts needed. He's a good lad when it comes to that.

I feel for you mate, had mine back from Audi who had it two weeks doing the roof rails, first day I got it back my clutch went funny, ended up losing the slave cylinder, nearly a grand later and i've just got it back....

Curse of red cars :sign_unfair:

yes i think absolute red audi's are kerst the person who made the paint colour must have died badly when doing it

ah crap....sorry for ya matey...... i wouldnt wish that on anyone.....

If you decide to scrap it let me have first baggsy on ya wheels:lmfao:

I know it doesn't help but I feel really sorry for you - on my last car the clutch went just before it needed a service, mot, tax and cambelt change - cost me more than the car was worth and was absolutly gutting!

ah crap....sorry for ya matey...... i wouldnt wish that on anyone.....

If you decide to scrap it let me have first baggsy on ya wheels:lmfao:

I know it doesn't help but I feel really sorry for you - on my last car the clutch went just before it needed a service, mot, tax and cambelt change - cost me more than the car was worth and was absolutly gutting!
Animal you vulture lol

deece cheers dude I just found out today the cost of repair will be at the worst, £2000 mark so I'm now tearing my hair out thinking how I'm going to find the money for it.

Well for my next kick in the teeth, I took out a warrenty on the S3 and found out today that they won't cover me as they say it's down to wear and tear rather than mechanical failure, it's just a big con

sorry to hear that dude, why not buy a second hand engine out of scrapped s3 (plenty on ebay), must be cheaper than going down the repair route :uhm:

sorry to hear that dude, why not buy a second hand engine out of scrapped s3 (plenty on ebay), must be cheaper than going down the repair route :uhm:
been looking mate but not even a second hand turbo there

what turbo would be best as there is one on eBay a k04 new for £230

Since you'll be spending so much money have you thought about going down the big turbo route?