Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    Reverse Gear

Status

Exclamation running problems between 3k - 4k

I've got a problem if i'm in any gear between 3k and 4k revs and put my foot down it jerks or blips and carrys on i was told to change the N75 valve by the dump valve. And it seems to get worse the hotter it gets its got a forge dv its only about 8 -10 months old if this helps. any help would be great.

2. # ADS
    ADS

the only S3 in the villiage

Status
    sounds like your MAF. Mass Air Flow sensor. do a search for it and you will find loooaaddssss of threads on it easy to oder and easy to change.

6th Gear

Status
    Best bet is to get it Vag-com'ed first then start spending your hard earned cash - check out the sticky to see if someone is near you who can have a look.

On the MAF, unplug it and see how it runs if worse then something else, if better then your MAF needs chaning like jamieface says.
    Jester
    "On my second S3 and loving it. RS3 here I come!!!"

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    I have the same problem on my a3. . I have put it on vag-com, no faults, disconnected the maf, nothing better.

I cleaned the maf, was a bit better, problem seemed to go for a while, then came back again. I guess it might be the maf as suggested above.

2nd Gear

Status
    On an S3 it might be the small T piece on top of the engine related to the N249 valve. Just take the cover off the engine and its there right in front of you. A mess of of pipes and a small T piece in there; possibly snapped! Cheap to fix!
    A4 B7 2.0 TDi S-Line Special Edition Gloss Red, BOSE, 18" Black RS4s, Black / Grey Leather, Sat Nav

Reverse Gear

Status
    It turned out to be coil pack 1 it was slowley giving up and on friday it caused misfire's and ran very lumpy changed it and sorted straight away . thanks for looking.

Reverse Gear

Status
    mine was a coil pack i popped into audi victoria and 30 later swapped the coil pack and was sweet a better than ever . There where no faults indicated but only when the coil pack gave up then it flagged an alarm. i'd had the problem for a little while. hope this helps.

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Mine has the coil pack on cylinder 3 gone. And spark plugs were black which I guess is running rich, pointing to the MAF as faulty