running problems between 3k - 4k

Russ S3

Reaction score
I've got a problem if i'm in any gear between 3k and 4k revs and put my foot down it jerks or blips and carrys on i was told to change the N75 valve by the dump valve. And it seems to get worse the hotter it gets its got a forge dv its only about 8 -10 months old if this helps. any help would be great.

sounds like your MAF. Mass Air Flow sensor. do a search for it and you will find loooaaddssss of threads on it :) easy to oder and easy to change.

Best bet is to get it Vag-com'ed first then start spending your hard earned cash - check out the sticky to see if someone is near you who can have a look.

On the MAF, unplug it and see how it runs if worse then something else, if better then your MAF needs chaning like jamieface says.

I have the same problem on my a3. . I have put it on vag-com, no faults, disconnected the maf, nothing better.

I cleaned the maf, was a bit better, problem seemed to go for a while, then came back again. I guess it might be the maf as suggested above.

On an S3 it might be the small T piece on top of the engine related to the N249 valve. Just take the cover off the engine and its there right in front of you. A mess of of pipes and a small T piece in there; possibly snapped! Cheap to fix!

It turned out to be coil pack 1 it was slowley giving up and on friday it caused misfire's and ran very lumpy changed it and sorted straight away . thanks for looking.

mine was a coil pack i popped into audi victoria and £30 later swapped the coil pack and was sweet a better than ever . There where no faults indicated but only when the coil pack gave up then it flagged an alarm. i'd had the problem for a little while. hope this helps.

Mine has the coil pack on cylinder 3 gone. And spark plugs were black which I guess is running rich, pointing to the MAF as faulty