INDICATOR SOUND (TICK TOCK) HEARD

sheep951

Reaction score
HI NEW TO THIS FORUM LARK BUT HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP IVE JUST BOUGHT AN A3 1.9TDI AND IM HAVING A BIT OF A NIGHTMARE IT NEEDS A NEW EXHAUST, AND NOW THE BRAKE MANAGEMENT LIGHT IS BLEEPING AND FLASHING ON THE DASH BEEN TO KWIK FIT AND THEY SAY THE BRAKES AND DISC'S NEED REPLACING BUT THEY HARDLY LOOK WORN?? IS THIS NORMAL??
MAIN MAIN PROLEM IS THAT AFTER WHEN I INDICATE THE INDICATOR NOISE I.E TICK TOCK CAN STILL BE HEARD UPTO 3-10SECONDS AFTER IVE TURNED THE INDICATOR OFF. THE INDICATOR TICK TOCK SOUND COMES FROM BEHINED THE AIR VENTS IN THE CENTER OF THE DASH

PLEASE HELP SOMEONE
THANS

Hi there,

Firstly it's considered "shouting" to type in capitals so is best avoided. It's also very hard to read.

Don't know about your first two problems but the indicator fault is a common one and can be fixed by replacing the relay in the dash. It's built in to the hazard light switch and is a nice easy swap.

Andy

Is it a new A3 or an old one, if its one of the older ones, its got one of those old big ben jobbies built in behind the vent...LOL.....just joking mate

Its going to be your relay...get that changed and Bob is your uncle :jester:

Oh and welcome......(the sun is out and im happy!!!)