S3 new headlight needed for mot aim???? help????

fat_ragan

Reaction score
Right guys i know its been a very long time since i posted on here but my car got hit and was away for 6months being ruined/repaired but thats another story.

I took my s3 2001 facelift moddle for mot today and it failed on headlight aim for the nearside and apparently the adjusters are broken and it needs a new headlight at a cost of £500ish does anyone know how much they should be or if anyone does them cheap or where i could get one i dont want to spend that much as im selling it and am already going to lose a lot of money after my robbing insurance company wrecked it after i was hit in it please please help thanks guys :wtf:

Unfortunately the S3 headlamps are only avaiable as a genuine audi part so are very expensive about £480 iirc, they do however come complete with new ballasts and everything. Vagparts can get them slightly cheaper, they quoted me £400 when i had to replace one but a two to three day delivery and i was in a rush, I actually managed to get Audi Huntingdon to price match the vagparts price.
They come up on ebay but predictably when i wanted one there werent any, defo worth a look though mate.

I always thought the S3's xenons were adjusted using vag.com?

I believe all Xenon lights have to have auto adjustment as a legal requirement as well as light washers...

i knew i could count on this place for help your all stars any more advice would be great too though thanks :blackrs4:

I had exactly the same, MOT failure as the headlight adjuster had gone & quoted £400 for a new one. So I used one of those find a part places that are linked in to breakers yards all over the country. Within 24hrs I found a place breaking an S3 that had been rear ended. £100 plus p&p for whole headlight unit, delivered next day, popped it in and straight through the MOT.
Google find a part and it brings them all up.