I need a new alarm siren!

save your money and buy a good aftermarket alarm. the standard alarm is ****.

I've just had mine done, i bought one from the Audi stealer and got them to fit it to, was about £180 all in.......

I did have ago myself but the sub was in the way, the central locking pump was in the way and to be honest i couldn't be dealing with the hassle, so i took the easy expensive option and got them to fit it !!

do you got te model en brand of it?
i'm also looking for a alarm system.
a vag upgrade??? :shrug:

took the old one apart to see if i could fix it, no such flipping luck! The batteries have leaked and ruined the tracks on the circuit board, tried restoring them but no joy. I wonder if the siren on the A4 is the same????

sure a VAG breakers would have one

Not sure if its the right one but on vagparts part number 8L0605A+287+194 is an alarm siren and comes in at £85. I bet a scrapper would let you have one for £20 and I can't imagine it would be difficult to find one. Maybe verify with Audi if any A3 alarm siren (97 - 03) will do the job and go hunting.

The part number for the upgraded alarm is: 8L0 951 605 A. I've just bought a new one off ebay for £44 so keep your eyes out for one on there. By the way, I bought a mkIV Golf alarm from the scrappies for £10, it fits the connection but didn't work, I took it apart to compare the guts to the original one and found them to be quite different.

your the person that prob ended the bidding on the one that was for sale ...

The part number for the upgraded alarm is: 8L0 951 605 A. I've just bought a new one off ebay for £44 so keep your eyes out for one on there. By the way, I bought a mkIV Golf alarm from the scrappies for £10, it fits the connection but didn't work, I took it apart to compare the guts to the original one and found them to be quite different.

Thats the whole point of ebay oh well .

its a **** siren anyway .

That's me:yes: Sick to death of scratching around for one so made the guy an offer ..sorry to anyone else thinking of bidding.

Thats the whole point of ebay oh well .

its a **** siren anyway .

ha ha..alright sour grapes chill out. I don't know why people are so hung up on the volume anyway, when was the last time you saw someone bat an eyelid to a car alarm - whatever sound it was making?

True ,

They don't do anything except annoy people even more.

lol

ha ha..alright sour grapes chill out. I don't know why people are so hung up on the volume anyway, when was the last time you saw someone bat an eyelid to a car alarm - whatever sound it was making?

I managed to get a new genuine one for £30!!!! Whoop whoop! Mate of mine is a vw tech for rac and got one from a stealers that they were throwing out, muppets!