Car mapped by VAGCHECK

HODD

Reaction score
Well it's been done!
I'm very impressed with the service from Morgan, A health check was done on the car first running through any logged errors and apart from silly things like alarm errors the only big thing to show up was haldex ecu problems, which Morgan pointed out 99% of the time means new controller needed..... But it appears i'm the 1% as the 4wd is working perfectly.
so he proceeded to map the car after about an hour of checking the car over doing various runs(out on the road) The results are good a lot better than the last re-map I had done by superchips on the last S3 I had, mpg is up when crusing but down considerable when going for it( to be expected).
On the last run of the day the car blew a hose, to which Morgan quickly changed and re-checked the car.
All in all great service from Morgan at Vagcheck!!!
All I need to do now is make it as quick as my Focus ST2 that has not long gone, the ST would leave the S3 for dead, I have a feeling this could be expensive!!!!!

Nice one mate I remember the day mine was remapped and its a great feeling driving home. Home come your back in an S3 after the ST-2?

Well it's been done!
I'm very impressed with the service from Morgan, A health check was done on the car first running through any logged errors and apart from silly things like alarm errors the only big thing to show up was haldex ecu problems, which Morgan pointed out 99% of the time means new controller needed..... But it appears i'm the 1% as the 4wd is working perfectly.

Nice work:o.k:

On a side you don't happen to know what the error code was for the Haldex unit?

Cheers

The Focus st was a fantastic car it was producing 294bhp 365ilbs torque,the torque was instant in ANY gear, but at 250miles to a tank(same amount to fill up as the s3) and a 300mile commute every week it was getting expensive along with the tax going up and the price of them dropping fast I jumped ship quick while I could still get a good price for it.
I brought the st 6 months ago for £15000 and they are now appearing for £9500.
As for the error code , no I don't remember sorry!

I can understand your reasoning Hodd. From what I read the 2.5 lump is quite poor on mpg no matter how you drive it. The facelift model, ford advantage scheme (everyone knows someone at Ford!), petrol, tax etc. doesn't bode well for their resale value. Good cars though I like them.

The Focus st was a fantastic car it was producing 294bhp 365ilbs torque,the torque was instant in ANY gear, but at 250miles to a tank(same amount to fill up as the s3) and a 300mile commute every week it was getting expensive along with the tax going up and the price of them dropping fast I jumped ship quick while I could still get a good price for it.
I brought the st 6 months ago for £15000 and they are now appearing for £9500.
As for the error code , no I don't remember sorry!

Is the ST that as standard?? or was yous tuned? Hell i might chop the S£ in for one!

Standard is 225bhp 236ilbs torque and about 300miles to a tank, yes they are quick when modified mine had a code red 295 re-map, magnex downpipe, pro alloy intercooler, mongoose exhaust and a Graham Goode Racing CAIS. The plus point for the S3 is corners !