Chris NottAH Fabrications
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up...!

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status

Angry I give up...!

Hi Folks,

Kind of demoralised at the moment. I love my Audi like the next man, but that seems to be the problem. I spent a fortune on it in a year 4k so far trying to rectify the dings on doors and upgrade the car. However, despite my best efforts to park it away from the madding crowd (usually mum's with baby seat's) I have had three minor and one major ding in carparks. It pisses you off big time. Today, I am shining the car up and noticed my licence plate was cracked, further investigation revealed scracthes all over the front bumper. No amount of Mequairs would get it out.

Now, i know that it is nothing in comparison with the thread below (sorry bud), but I am now left with a stark choice. Do i go for the liquid tt mod, or fix all the new dings an bumps on the car..I am losing interest big time...

Clach
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

2. # ADS
    ADS

My other car is a MINI!!!!

Status
    Do neither, after like you, spending 4k in the last year on my A3, I've realised that it's all pointless.

It's finally at the point where it just needs some paintwork to be perfect, but considering how often it gets knocked and scratched by careless ****ers, I simply can't be bothered.

Also, many people get down about the condition of their cars, but go to a car show and have a really GOOD look around. Even most of the cars we think are so amazing are no better than most up close, theyre just well cared for and hide the effects of time well!

Mine looks great after a polish and wax, so long as you dont get closer than 2 metres!

Whats the liquid TT going to REALLY show you Clach?

It's a standardish 1.8t auto. it does 0-60 in 8 seconds, and stops around 135. what else do you need to know?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prawns TFSI Turbo'd 1.8T Track Car

But I know nothing so ignore me.

4th Gear

Status
    Sorry for being dumb but what is the liquid TT mod?
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    Prawn, real words of wisdom mate...cheers

and Jon: has anyone tried this...
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

4th Gear

Status
    Doh, and I've been following that thread as well.
    03 Ebony black S3, Dieselgeek short shift, its started..

Neutral

Status
    iv just learnt when it comes to paint work dont be too fussy my car just had pritty much a full respray and all it needs is some dumbass to hit into you and its all over and you will never get any of it back
    Absolute Red 1999 Audi A3 Quattro
    Custom Code Phase 2,Haldex Performance controller,Pro Alloy front mount intercooler Blue Flame 3 downpipe and high flow cat

3rd Gear

Status
    There really is no point in trying to keep your car perfect matey. You need bottomless pockets to manage it as there is always someone out there who's careless enough to damage your pride and joy.

You can wrap your car in cotton wool but at the end of the day it's your daily driver and it *will* get damaged.
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

Andy

Status
    I know how you feel mate, at the end of the day there are a lot of twats out there that just don't give a crap about other people's property. My car has got it's share of dings, so much I always get a bit paranoid about where I park it in public car parks. One of my best mates has a beautifully modified Civic Type-R, he parked it up for half an hour while we got a bite to eat, we came back and this white van was parked litterally a foot away and had left quite a big dent [with his white paint] down the side of his car. Suffice to say my mate was not pleased. He grabbed the bar of his steering wheel lock and put it straight through the back window of the van before driving off.

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    good lad (above) , thanks for the support lads..just pisses you off really!!!

Neutral

Status
    park across two bays!!
    AUDI A3 1.8 T, K&N PANEL, SCORPION TWIN PIPES FROM CAT BACK, FULL LEATHER, 18'RS4's, BAILEY DV, FULL REIGER BODY KIT. HELLA TWIN HEADLIGHT CONVERSION. COMING SOON...S3 312MM BRAKES, CC REMAP.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Machine View Post
    park across two bays!!
    decrease your chance of a parking ding by 80%

Increase your chance of getting keyed by 400%!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
    I park in the dropping off zone unless an end parking space is free,recently my lad was rushed to hospital so I left work early and had to do defensive parking across two bays and I came back to this

would of been funny catching the culprit in the act

1st Gear

Status
    my heart goes out to you m8ty. i bought my car for 3800 and had 69k on the clock. its a 1.8 turbo with one previous owner. there was the odd mark on it here and there and a few cosmetic probs of scratch dash trims on the inside. having bought a clifford alarm, full stainless exhaust, RS4 wheels and tyres, full susspension, had audi fix my windows from going down an there own, I.C.E and the interior trims, i spent the same as the cars worth. i could have just bought a S3.

ive found that audi`s look nice and go nice but cost a ****ing fortune to keep upto nice condition but at the end of the day its not supposed to be a fanny magnet, its just feels nice to over take with ease and catch myself looking in the reflextions of shops on just how nice my car looks. its just a car.
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo: Custom Code Stage 1, Full Custom Built 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust, RS4 Alloys, Weitec 40mm Ultra GT Springs & Shocks.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
    I park in the dropping off zone unless an end parking space is free,recently my lad was rushed to hospital so I left work early and had to do defensive parking across two bays and I came back to this

Shame you didn't catch them! "Learn how '2' spell, twat!"
    AUDI A4 B5 FACELIFT 1.8T BREAKING:

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/merchant/dan.meiring

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    I know how you feel clach, its a real ****ter when someone dings your car.............NO apologies in advance for this...........at least it isnt as bad a some mindless little **** keying your car right down to the metal after just 4 weeks of owning it!!
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobyra View Post
    at least it isnt as bad a some mindless little **** keying your car right down to the metal after just 4 weeks of owning it!!
    You DO live in pompey though mate :P what do you expect really?

Are you in a nice area? or one of the rougher parts closer to town?

As I said earlier, to the average on looker, I'm young, and I drive a very fast good looking black Audi A3 turbo.

They don't know as I'm passing by, that the cars on 170 000 miles, covered in dings, and the front bumper is made of filler

Try to look at the bigger picture, if it's all one colour, and there are no brown bits of rust showing, it probably looks OK!

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    I hear what your saying...you would never know it had a ton of stone chips...

Vagparts Foglight Upgrade & Splitter Fitted me car pics

Top Gear
    Cell-Out Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dans-first-Audi View Post
    Shame you didn't catch them! "Learn how '2' spell, twat!"
    exactly, they want to make a point and don't know to make it...LOL

'exclamation mark is written'...TWAT...with a point TWAT

Neutral

Status

would have been even funnier if your car got towed away. the grammer may not be great but the sentiment is spot on. i'm surprised you didn't park across two ambulance bays.

1st Gear

Status
    if you`d have had a spazz badge on display then u can park were ya like. ****ing hate old people and there spacker badges..
    Audi A3 1.8 Turbo: Custom Code Stage 1, Full Custom Built 3 Inch Stainless Steel Exhaust, RS4 Alloys, Weitec 40mm Ultra GT Springs & Shocks.

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    Daily drivers are daily drivers. They will never stay perfect.

Show cars only come out at weekends and shows.

Just get used to the fact that people aren't fussed about denting someone elses car these days. It's our throw away society and upbringing.

In two minds

Status
    That message is quite pleasent compared to what I would of left
    Skint because of my car, the forums made me do it

HTC
    6th Gear

Status
    I park over two bays all the time :-) Usually the last one at the end of the car park where nobody can be bothered to lug their bellies to.

***** rent boy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by DBXdarkangel View Post
    if you`d have had a spazz badge on display then u can park were ya like. ****ing hate old people and there spacker badges..

And Jason if I were an antisocial hermit I would have bothered to write a similar note as well, I can't stand people who park in two bays, makes them look right idiots, and they become more of a target for vandalism really.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by jsmithee View Post
    would have been even funnier if your car got towed away. the grammer may not be great but the sentiment is spot on. i'm surprised you didn't park across two ambulance bays.
    He parked across 2 bays, he did'nt piss on your mother. Get back to writing that letter about how the guy down the road cant park his car and it's causing you an inconvience.

Status

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Bong Water View Post
    That message is quite pleasent compared to what I would of left
    and like I said I would of liked to have caught you doing your hyperthetical 'thing' to my car...son

In two minds

Status
    People are going to dislike the fact that you have taken up two spaces in a busy place, if you dont like it, either dont do it or dont brag about what you will do to the person who think your superiority complex make other peoples lives more difficult

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Bong Water View Post
    People are going to dislike the fact that you have taken up two spaces in a busy place, if you dont like it, either dont do it or dont brag about what you will do to the person who think your superiority complex make other peoples lives more difficult
    It wasn't outside the front door of the hospital (the far side of the hospital car park which had plenty of spaces) and in actual fact your putting words in my mouth as not once have I said "what I will do to the person"

Neutral

Status
    and what about everyone else who had to rush to the hospital? it's obvious there were not tons of spaces otherwise the note would never have been left on the windscreen.

at the end of the day only a selfish tosser would park across two spaces in a hospital car park, all the hospitals where i live never have spaces and you have to drive round for ages trying to find one.

think of it like this - how would you like it when you had to rush your son to hospital there was nowhere to park because it was full of awesome A3's like yours parked across two bays.
    Last edited by jsmithee; 24th July 2008 at 00:39.

3rd Gear

Status
    Think Lottie put it best. Petty. Bored of the Righteous crew jumping into every thread... "You crashed your car? Your fault" "You was doing 55 in a 50 zone? You should be arrested you monster" "You parked across 2 bays? Tow the car" and the best of them "You hit a deer? You obviously cant drive!"
    Voorhees I woulda done the exact same thing and am amazed at the things people will ***** about, cry me a ****ing river.
    Back to the original post, my whole car is being resprayed at the moment after some kid in a corsa was speeding and hit the back of me at 50 so can understand your pain. When I get it back I think i'll be very protective!

In two minds

Status
    Oh god the "thanks" crew are out.

In the last few weeks I have come across people that have taken up spaces in, local cinema car park, my work place and local shopping places, each time I was my girlfriend or a friend and each time the word "twat" or similar was used, its only on an audi forum that someone will try to justify this as being ok and when someone takes offence its a case of "I wish I caught them" Its just plain arrogant and to be honest and as mentioned before I am suprised the person who left the note didnt vandalise it and regardless of an emergency or not and I really hope it wasnt anything to serious and all is well but if you cant park in a bay which takes seconds then you shouldnt hold a license, if you do it on purpose then what gives you the right to do so?! Everyone is at that particular place for the same reasons as you where ever it might be

From now on ill be parking my car across two bays as its obviously ok to do so, in fact everyone should do it and effectivley halve all the parking thats available, or lack of I should say as it seems everywhere in manchester has half the spaces required and parking is a *****

***** rent boy

Status
    I never thought I'd agree with Bong, but he's absolutely right. I suppose I'm part of the 'Righteous Crew' then .

It takes just as much effort to park badly as it does to park correctly, and if you are incapable of parking in a bay then you shouldn't be on the road. And I see resident sycophant Lottie is out in force in this thread. Hurrah. This is the A3/S3 forum you want the General Chat forum Charlotte
    Last edited by golf; 24th July 2008 at 13:11.

The Clar!! it mouves!!!

Status
    in fairness i dont think that you would have got that note Jay if the person had known the situation and why you were there..... could be why your rear bumper is a lil out of shape or why your pipes are skewed

Id have written a note if it bothered me that much, but theres two ways of looking at it, the person who wrote it, ignorance for making an assumption that your a twat not knowing the situation, and your position where you know the whys and where fors as to why you were in a rush.

That being said i do agree, although id have said you were closer to a bell end

Back on topic..... sorry to hear about the motor Clach...... a big dillema im sure we all face..... may be worth fitting a proximity alarm as an additional deterent, although nothings fool proof......be glad you dont own a ferrari/porsche etc....that would have pissed you off
    Last edited by 1animal1; 24th July 2008 at 13:49.
    Xbox 360 gamer ID : Timffy

Grey Triumph Sprint 1050 ST
    Silver BMW 535D Tourer - Fully loaded 340BHP 700NM torque
    2009 8P3 S3 Brilliant Red - Sold
    2001 F/L S3 Dolphin Grey - Sold
    1999 Pre F/L Silver A3 1.8T - Sold

Andy

Status
    At the end of the day people wouldn't have to be so defensive with their parking if society wasn't so ****ed up (if people had respect for other people's property). When it comes to vehicles most people don't really give a crap if their day to day car gets a few dents in it, therefore they don't care if they hit other cars as they open their doors / scrape along other people's paintwork etc...

Because they don't care about their own cars, they are highly unlikely to care about other people's cars either. Believe it or not it's probably safer to park up next to a heavily chav'd up corsa than some mum's family mobile!

So much hate on this Audi forum, where's the love???

hud at ye bam

Status
    ...and had to do defensive parking across two bays and I came back to this
    At least he got your name right
    [/sarcasm]

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    I'm just going to take the bus, and only drive, park etc at about 3am in the morning..lol, no worries about taking over the thread...

***** rent boy

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiteyboy View Post
    "Learn how to park twat"

This implies that the author is "twat"

If he thought that Jason was the twat, it would have said "twat learn how to park"

Anyway....this is a bit too general chat.....

Twat
    If it said 'learn how to park, twat' then maybe it would seem as though it was from him but 'learn how to park twat' to me seems as though it's clearly addressed to our Jason.

Anyway back on topic, I was washing my car yesterday and I noticed a lovely scuff on the rear bumper where some tosser has reversed into it, tiny door dings on both sides and a scratch from a zip. It just happens there's nowt that can be done really.

Andy

Status
    hmm nah, I think 'learn how to park twat' means learn how to park like a twat (learn how to park twat-style).

'Learn how to park, twat' would imply that our Jason was the twat (which of course he isn't).

'Learn how to park. Twat' would imply that the author was called Twat.

Therefore I conclude that Jason was being instructed to learn how to park like a twat, suggesting that he wasn't parking like a twat in the first place!

That's your english lesson for the day, now stop the *****ing or go buy yourself a Vauxhall Tigra.

5th Gear

Status
    **** everyone else, they dont pay for the damage they cause to my car when some idiot swings open the 4tonne doors of his chelsea tractor into the side of my motor.
    My current runabout (vectra) il park anywhere but when i had the S3 it was either 2 spaces or the furthest away possible, and even they theres always some helmet that just HAS to park next to you.

Look after number 1
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by LottieA3 View Post
    Look, the fact of the matter is, that when you are focused on a situation, and especially an emotional and very worrying situation and a kid is screaming (which no doubt he would have been), are you really genuinly going to be giving a fricken toss about where and how you dam park? Seriously dude come on.
    Is that not a bit of a contradiction? As you say in such an emergency one would be focusing on the safe delivery of the injured to seek immediate medical carebut (with respect Voorhees) in this instance the first point of call was to park the car in a bay of preference in this case two bays, thus taking time (unless Jason dropped his child off and then ran out to re-park the car)

Quote Originally Posted by LottieA3 View Post
    Jason wouldn't be giving a crap about how he parked or where he parked and especially as his son is only a toddler.
    Perhaps he did give a crap though, as he states:

It wasn't outside the front door of the hospital (the far side of the hospital car park which had plenty of spaces).
    In honesty I think we would all agree that if the scenario was that of a critical emergency nobody would care as to initially parking right outside the front doors whilst seeking care. I hope the little one is fine and dandy now Jason.

I have been guilty of parking in a similar fashion and one received a note stating best car parking of the year award which I thought was a joke by the security guard where I work at first (whom also bought an A3 Turbo) but it wasnt. I dont park in two bays now just as far as I can from the shop / venue on an end space if I can.

...or the furthest away possible, and even they theres always some helmet that just HAS to park next to you.
    Yep, totally agree Ash why is that? When I have parked in a remote area of a car park, I return to see so many empty spaces except the one next to me! Maybe its a subconscious effort to conform to a linear queue or something? Annoying though!

Apologies for going off topic - as so many have. Clach, there is some great advice on here - in particular by Prawn. It's a sickener when ya try to keep on top of it all and the age sets in - but that's it. My car is knocking on now. Still love it though. I personally think it's a car that has managed to retain a design that hasn't dated too badly. People often comment on it. When ya clean the car properly it can make things a bit worse as it shows up the imperfections more so! lol I'm going to have it detailed sometime soon - put a bit of depth back into the paint hopefully.

Rob

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast