Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    VW Golf mk2 20VT / Audi A3 1.6 Sport

Status

Ashtray woes....

I've heard that this is a bit of a known problem, but I had no luck with a search! Last week I was retrieving some change from the front ashtray, but when I went to close it again (which I always do gingerly because I heard they were troublesome!) it refused to catch, and would be permanently open now if I hadn't jammed it shut with some rubber bungs from my old Concert head unit :D

Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've had a poke around, but there's no visual evidence of anything broken.

2. # ADS
    ADS

va va voom

Status
    you have to lift it nice and slowly without pressing it in
    ~ ~ ~2003 Audi S3 BAM ~ Ming Blue ~ 18" BBS Alloys ~ Heated Black Leather ~ Forge DV ~ RNS-E ~ denison ipod link~ parrot mk6100 bluetooth ~ ~ ~

Still need Remap

2007 Audi S3 8L
    2005 Audi A3 1.6 sport grey with climate control
    2003 Audi A3 1.6 sport black without climate contol

Neutral

Status
    give it love!!! lol. really really slowly, like you would lift a ladies boob!!!
    AUDI A3 1.8 T, K&N PANEL, SCORPION TWIN PIPES FROM CAT BACK, FULL LEATHER, 18'RS4's, BAILEY DV, FULL REIGER BODY KIT. HELLA TWIN HEADLIGHT CONVERSION. COMING SOON...S3 312MM BRAKES, CC REMAP.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubturbo View Post
    I've heard that this is a bit of a known problem, but I had no luck with a search! Does anyone know what the problem might be? I've had a poke around, but there's no visual evidence of anything broken.
    Yes I had the same problem on my old 1.8T. It would fly open if I braked hard. I think it was just a bad design and I ended up buying a new one from Audi.
    AMK Goodwood Green S3 - AMD 265BHP remap - Chrome Mirrors - Sunroof - Bose Symphony - DICE IPOD Kit - 18" DOTZ Mugello's - And a Yamaha R6 for when it doesn't rain!

VW Golf mk2 20VT / Audi A3 1.6 Sport

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Machine View Post
    give it love!!! lol. really really slowly, like you would lift a ladies boob!!!
    Ahh but you can't wait all night to close your ashtray...what if it gets a headache

Quote Originally Posted by Leon View Post
    Yes I had the same problem on my old 1.8T. It would fly open if I braked hard. I think it was just a bad design and I ended up buying a new one from Audi.
    That's what I was afraid of. No point in buying another for it to do the same thing! the SEAT Leon has a similar dash, maybe a SEAT part would be an improvement?

Neutral

Status
    i find to solve the problem to open it press it in and the catch will release and it opens and when shutting speed isnt an issue if you put your hand on the bottom side and lift it up for me its fine if i do it that way.