clutch help (master and slave cyc)

S90GAV

Reaction score
right not long after i picked up my S3 the famous clutch pedal snapping happened, got it fixed under warrenty but now my clutch pedal has started squeaking and depending on the weather i can feel movement in the pedal (it'll reach a point when pressed down then clicking noise happens and the pedal will move a few more mm) now all i can think it could be is when my pedal snapped it has damaged the master or slave cyclinder. my other question is is the pedal attached too the master or the slave?

hope you can understand what im talking about.

thanks Gav
:redrs4:

Is your clutch electric or on a cable? If its on a cable, have a look it might have just come loose.

The Pedal box is connected to the master cylinder, that in return pushs the slave cylinder in the gear box, i cant see that the snaping of the pedal box would damage the master or the slave. Just hope its not your slave on its way out as its a gearbox off job.

When my slave packed up it went with out notice.

Hope this helps

cheers bud

i've just notcied after about 20min of driving the biteing point seems to change.

just when i was reading into the pedal problems id read a few threads saying that peopel had too replace there master as the force from the pedal springing back bent the rod in the cyclinder.

i think your clutch fork is bent,
it hits the rotating pressure plate which makes the clicking noise.
pedal moves in a few more mm as the fork is bent even forther untill you won't be able to engage the clutch any more

edit: the part is cheap but the box has to come out to replace it

ah ******.... might have too get a run around till i can afford too fix it. cos while the box is off might as well change the clutch too.

did you starighten the push rod when you replaced the clutch pedal mine squeaked after i replaced my clutch pedal so i straightened the push rod from the mastercylinder out even more and its fine now,might be worth checking that

i didnt fix it my self, garage where i got it from sorted it. is it much over a job too get the master out? or did u do it while it was on the car?

i starightened mine while it was fitted,if you removed the clutch pedal a set of mole grips will do the job depends on how good you are at diy with cras,im a mechanic so i found it quite easy but if your not very handy with cars maybe leave it to someone else,its not a big job though really just a bit fiddly.

im ok with some stuff, i mean i aint shy so i'll give it ago, if i do happen to get stuck ive got plenty on mechanic mates that will come too the rescure.

cheers mate

alright bud, i aint got round too sorting it yet, as ive had my timing belt done last week and before i can sort the clutch prob i need to repalce 4 tires. once i get the tires done i will get onto the case of my clutch as well as my driver door latch and the final prob my miss reading fuel gauge haha i love my car, always keeps me busy.

cheers for asking tho