Audi S3 Width/Mirrors

StreetDragster

Reaction score
Hi All,

First post to this forum, but i've been around for a while reading alot of background on the Audi S3.

One thing i have not been able to find, is the width of the car, mirror to mirror? I have seen the width quoted in lots of places (1763mm is the figure i have) but it doesn't mention where this extends to. I've been caught out in the past with widths being stated arch to arch excluding the mirrors.

So, does anyone know the width mirror to mirror of an Audi S3 (2002)?
Are they electrically folding mirrors as standard/option?

The reason i ask is that my garage has quite a tight entrance, big once your inside, but the door is very tight.

Thanks in advance

Matt

My 2001 S3 manual says,

1763 without mirrors, 1904mm with mirrors.

No there isnt an electric folding option to my knowledge on this model of S3.

ive got a blue print image of the S3 its differnt to the ones in the manual

ones i have are

mirror to mirrow is 1848
and other is 1763

guess they would be quite difficult to measure in reality, not sure it would be very accurate...

i tell you what, drive it into the garage you think is too narrow and measure the depth of the chunks taken out of the doorway and that would be a good way to measure the true width i guess.

Haha thats a good idea too :)

I've had a clio v6 and an Evo 6 though the door in the past, but they both had their mirrors folded in, i don't think there will be a problem with an S3, worst case i'd just have to folder the mirrors in by hand each time, not exactly a major hastle

Thanks

Matt

aset39vf1.jpg

drew

The near side wing mirror in that diagram seems a little short, if you look at the distance between wheel and end of mirror in the rear image.... maybe its just not to scale. maybe they drew it with the mirror folded in !

how about opening the windows and measuring through the car???