DV valve for S3

mdoyle69

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Hi folks...

I need some advice regarding my diverter valve.
I want to upgrade it for somthing which sounds better....somthing that gives a whoosh when you lift off the accelerator!!

I love that sound, but my S3 is standard at the moment. So it could sound better!!

Any particular make to go for??? And where would be the best place to get one???

Cheers /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/goofy.gif

Just something to think about mate.Diverter valves are designed to aid performance by keeping the turbo spinning when throttle is closed(when accelerating).The blow off type valves do not so actually you are hindering performance.You can get a performance diverter valve made by forge i think,give jabbasport a ring.

If you want a DV that makes a whoosh noise then you will need one which is recirculating as well as having a small amount which will vent to atmosphere to create the whoosh noise you're after....but you will loose performance!

Performance DV's make no more sound than the standard versions, and if you want a whoosh noise then you could get a knackered standard DV.... which is what I have in mine and it makes a nice whoosh noise....that is until I can't be ***** to put the piston type DV or the other Bosch unit that I have back in /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I recently fitted a Forge Diaghram DV to my 1.8T quattro. There isnt a whoosh noise when lifting of the fun pedal but you do here it working and it sounds much more classy than the whoosh. It sort of sounds like a juddering noise when you lift of the fun pedal at high revs. I bet this combined with a Miltek or one similar on an S3 would sound yummy!!! Also by keeping a DV and not getting a DUMP valve you are gonna keep that much loved performance.