Fixing the usual window problems - how long?

kohoutec

Reaction score
I've got problems with both my windows :( Passenger side has problems going all the way up, as if something is in the way (it goes half way up and then starts going down again). Driver side - was opening it last week, heard a clunk and the window dropped (broken clip I guess?)

Anyway, I'm totally inept at all things car, so it will probably have to be a local garage job, can anyone hazard to guess roughly how much labour I'm looking at? Thanks

dont do what i did and got the stealers. it cost me like £400 for both sides. only to find out later when i took off the door panels that i could have dont it myself and replace the clips that cost like £5. robbing ********

Thanks guys, if it isnt that a difficult job I may hassle a friend who is far more mechanically minded than me and get him to help :)

I did mine last week end. Took me about 2 hours, most of the time was spent re-aligning the door back on. Also, dont lower the window all the way down, it will make it easier to access the plastic clips to get them out.