Air con smelling funny after thermostat change

Jay

Reaction score
I had my stat changed a few weeks ago and now the air blowing out of the air con smells funny (kinda toxic). I thought it would go away after a bit but its still the same. The only way I can describe the smell is the smell produced when the ECON button is used. It still heats/cools as normal.

Anyone know what it could be or how to clean the air blowing out?

Had this changed when I had the timing belt done. About 12K miles ago.

I had my stat changed a few weeks ago and now the air blowing out of the air con smells funny (kinda toxic). I thought it would go away after a bit but its still the same. The only way I can describe the smell is the smell produced when the ECON button is used. It still heats/cools as normal.

Anyone know what it could be or how to clean the air blowing out?

I get that smell as well when pressing the ECON button..kinda like stagnent water? I was of the assumption that it needs a new pollen filter. Was planning on replacing it at the same time as getting the CC regassed.

I'm thinking that it was just coincidence that you started getting the smell around the same time you changed your thermostat.

Is it possible that the pollen filter has got wet in the past and thats what is causing the smell?