s3 -facelift modifications needed

yalup04

Reaction score
I just bought an immaculate S3 W reg this is the pre-facelift model, having looked at the exterior improvements/modifications on the face lift models? i have noticed the following that I would like to upgrade to:

new back light clusters
new s3 emblems (not too bothered about)
new shape front xeons (do look better!)

just wondering if any one can give me advice and point me in the right direction to getting these modifications done? a big factor is how much they cost? and how easy to fit etc? etc...

nice one
D

excellent, with bits from vags it is costing me £120 so far....

any idea on how to make the front xenons look the same as the facelift model? and how much..

thanks D

[ QUOTE ]
yaulp04 said:
excellent, with bits from vags it is costing me £120 so far....

any idea on how to make the front xenons look the same as the facelift model? and how much..

thanks D

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd give Vagparts a call and ask them! If they have the part, they might know, but got a feeling too much needs to be changed, not a simple swap like the rear cluster.

The front lights can be replaced with the facelifted ones. There are a few people kicking around on here who have done it. I believe the only tricky bit is having to cug away part of the front panel.

I think pre-facelift S3's have the xenons on the outer part of the headlamps (as in by the indicaters) and facelift S3's have the xenons on the inside of the lamps (by the grill). Dont know if this will affect any conversions, with the wiring and stuff.

Joe