welcome home lighting

danny_s3

Reaction score
out of interest , has any one got round to doing this yet?
if so any diagrams picture would be much appreciated.:beerchug:

out of interest , has any one got round to doing this yet?
if so any diagrams picture would be much appreciated.:beerchug:

I remember some guy who did it on his S3, he needed 3 relays with a timed delay or something?

whats welcome home lighting? :uhm:

It's when the headlights/foglights stay on for another 30 seconds or so after you arrive home and lock the car.

called Coming/Leaving Home & thats a hell of a circuit to design tbh as its also based on the light switch, time of day etc etc, variables, I could design but dont have an 8L anymore to work out the wiring, also you have to know, if xenon, they drain the battery very quickly if left on to long, like I said variables, but not impossible.

might have to cannibilise some other cars parts with feature available like the 8P, 8P uses CAN so various ways to attack a feat like that.

someone should work this out, as i'm sure most S3 owners would want it, i'm sick of coming to my car in the dark and not seeing anything, i keep pressing unlock to get the indicators to light up the way slightly

MO S3 did it on his,

am sure its linked up to the interior lights which stay on for a while, but am not sure

there's a mod already done on the a4 for this & doubt its much different than the 8p, I think its over on navplus.us, Dirk has probably added it to the mods area or whatever its called.......just searched & found

http://www.navplus.us/forums/showthread.php?t=5974&highlight=coming+home

Light sensor & auto lights seems to come into play on this from what I remember cause havings lights on during day when in/out all time would drain battery a bit

yeah it can do, as was working on my car ignition wiring few weeks back & kept leaving the auto lights/coming home turned on so when ignition was on but not started, I forgot & ended up flattening battery twice, lol, twatttttt, lol.

I think this idea is daft...sometimes I'll reverse my car into my drive and would imagine my neighbours opposite would think it daft too (well annoying actually). As would the shoppers when I go asda of an evening..."you've left your lights on mate" etc. Although it would be quite cool to reply "no they will be off in 5, 4, 3, 2 , 1...". But in reality they would think your a plonker for wasting battery juice.

The two words that spring to mind is 'over engineered'. A £20 PIR security light or some other home fed light system is surely the better option...? That way you retain the welcome home feature even when you've sold the car!

I think everyone has a security light on their drive, but the car's not always at home, otherwise why would you need a car?

I think everyone has a security light on their drive, but the car's not always at home, otherwise why would you need a car?

Thread title "welcome HOME lighting".

i'm sick of coming to my car in the dark and not seeing anything, i keep pressing unlock to get the indicators to light up the way slightly

Now I understand your point. So if your car is parked in a car park, you want to blip your key and your car to turn on some UFO style beacon so you can see it. No offence mate but if you can't see a ton and half metal from a few feet away you need to see an optician, or eat a few more carrots.

I eat alot of carrots, and I actually had an eyetest about an hour ago at D&H (honestly! :yes:)

I leave my car in a few pitch black places, i've got friends that live down country lanes where there is no light in the car parking areas.....

plus it's also good to see what's in front of you car before you move it

I eat alot of carrots, and I actually had an eyetest about an hour ago at D&H (honestly! :yes:)

I leave my car in a few pitch black places, i've got friends that live down country lanes where there is no light in the car parking areas.....

plus it's also good to see what's in front of you car before you move it

I hope you didn't have the eye test because of my comment above! Reading it back I didn't mean any offence mate, just joking. I really think the lighting thing is a none starter, like your car would be if this system was hooked up! How about a torch pen thing that attaches to your key ring..?

I do know what you mean actually about knowing what's round your car, especially if your gonna reverse...."who put that post there?!".

lol, like your latest Leon, Ronaldo 120k slave, exactly my thinking, what a ****** & a greasey haired pratt, he just wants his own way & is throwing his dummy out of the pram thats all, I mean whose he to question Ferguson whose won more titles than Ronaldo will ever get close to & I'm a Kop supporter so no love loss for me & Man U, lol, Ronaldo gets right up my nose TBH, god 120k not good enough for yer, I mean its nothing to do with a dream of playing for them, its purely greed, ye admittedly good player but hell of a childish way to promote yourself

lol, like your latest Leon, Ronaldo 120k slave, exactly my thinking, what a ****** & a greasey haired pratt, he just wants his own way & is throwing his dummy out of the pram thats all, I mean whose he to question Ferguson whose won more titles than Ronaldo will ever get close to & I'm a Kop supporter so no love loss for me & Man U, lol, Ronaldo gets right up my nose TBH, god 120k not good enough for yer, I mean its nothing to do with a dream of playing for them, its purely greed, ye admittedly good player but hell of a childish way to promote yourself

I'm more annoyed at all the frenchies like platani and blatter trying to rub up the english in the wrong way. They hate the fact their league is rubbish (due to money as their players go abroad) and seem to have an issue with english clubs. Past few weeks all the talk of players being slaves and should have freedom to move...honestly, if someone wants me to be a slave on £100K a week and play footy in front of 75 thousand no worries I'll sign...even without an agent by my side! They are losing touch in the premiership. Or maybe I have been a bit slow on the up take and they lost touch years ago...

Yeah its getting out of hand, I mean paying someone 50mil for kicking a ball around a pitch is riiculous for gods sake & alot of them play **** anyway, look at chelsea ok, they had the best players cause of the russian, no amount seemed to high, but they dont win everything, okay they win few things but with that kinda team they should win it all, I have to take my hat of to Beckham he seems to always make a difference on the pitch but no one player is worth that money, I stopped tracking footie properly years ago when it started to become outrageous interms of salaries & people like Ronaldo throwing tantrums & falling over blades of grass, I mean grown up men prancing around the pitch like fairys, what happened to hardened players like pearce, jones etc, for gods sake some of them make me laugh all the way to a hernia purely cause of there total lack of balls & falling over a tick, feck for 120k a week I'd break almost anything, lol, except me crown jewels, lol.