EM TuningBadger5
    Reverse Gear

Status

Remap yesterday.

Hi,

Had my S3 remapped yeterday buy Ray West at West Tuning Thruxton (Top Geeza!)

Since I have had the car (about two months) I have not been very impressed with the lack of power and just felt it was underpowered or something was not right.

One the rolling road the car put out 191BHP !! and could only be remapped to 219BHP!

Ray suggested we change the MAF unit ?? (What ever that is) Bingo, 243bhp and feels like a new car. I have 60BHP extra in third gear compaird to when I took her in!!.

I am sure I could have asked him to crank it right up and get more top end but I would rather have a safe limit and not blow the Turbo etc. Its not just the power though his remaps completly change the way the car fells in every gear. I have had a golf GTI and my mates Audi QT and Seat done by Ray before and I can't recommend him enough. If you want a great job doing then he is your man.

No I am not
    related!!
    Anyways, a happy S3 driver .... Need some brakes!!

H

2. # ADS
    ADS

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Good move cause going beyond the 265bhp mark starts to become expensive in terms of clutch, uprated brakes etc etc just goes on & on, anyway take rolling road with a pinch of salt, they IMHO dont mean alot, most generic/stage 1's get upto 265 area's, 250 seems low & as I said RR's with pinch of salt mate.

I would however suggest a short shifter full stop, amazing how much throw it cancels out, check Awesome-gti.co.uk for that, easy fit if you like getting your hands dirty.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

Reverse Gear

Status
    Cheers Nigel, I 'll check that out.

s3 gone now a shiney red evo 6

Status
    ask what boost it was running, 243bhp is quite low for a remapped s3, should be able to get it to 265 - 270 bhp no problem! Other wise try a different rolling road!

Xbox online id - supaed133