Brake system warning light - ABS related?

bantam1

Reaction score
Any ideas. S3 Brake system warning light coming on intermittently for last 2 days and noticed back stepped out slightly when braking in wet once last week (never noticed this before). Brake fluid level OK - so is this ABS related?

Thanks in advance.

I'm having similar issue's with mine at the moment...
Is your ABS and ESP lights comming on too, if they are then neither are working... could be the reason your car stepped out at the back, although i wouldn't say on mine the handling has bin that greatly affected though i haven't really pushed it ! I spoke to the mechanic i usually see and he dosen't really want to touch it, he's not sure exactly what it is, so it's going into Audi on Tuesday:sadlike:

If your having the same problems then i'll let you know how i get on.....

Its probly one of the As speed sensors, vag-com it. should give you an error code. Mine kept coming on intermitantly. You can pick them up on ebay for less than a tenner.

Thanks for the responses. No ABS or ESP warning lights just the big red non-descript exclamation mark for the brake system. Tyres aren't worn so not the reason for the back stepping out I don't think. Will try to get it on VAG-COM and see what comes up.

Oh and assuming a sensor is this a must do now thing or can it be left a short amount of time (car seems fine otherwise).

car should still perform to minimum (non ABS) standard with out abs sensor working correcctly. However audi's are quite heavey cars. so the sooner the better i would say.