New Purchase

lakey

Reaction score
Hello all,
Looks like I found the people who are in the know about A3’s. I currently have sweaty palms thinking about the test drive I am taking tomorrow in a W reg 1.8T Quattro Sport. Would have liked an S3 but unfortunately it just aint practical right now. Anyway I’ll cut to the chase…. The car is approved used, Can I trust this ? I had a quick look through the forum today and found out some info and I can’t see any horror stories about Audi dealers on here. Should I bother with an additional AA check or are Audi gonna be straight with me ? Is the audi 1 year warranty any good ?

The spec is listed as follows:
2000 (w) Audi A3 1.8 T quattro Sport finished in Black with black leather interior. Specification includes anti-lock brakes, air bag, alarm, alloy wheels, central locking, compact disc player, electric windows, engine immobiliser and power steering. BOSE sound, two previous registered keepers and 1 year extended warranty. 31987 Miles

They want 12,500 for it, do you think that is a fair price ?

Is there anything I should be looking out for that could make it a wrong un ?

Thanks in advance for any help

I picked up a W reg 1.8 Turbo Quattro Sport with 60k, same spec as above but less the cow hide. I went private and paid 3 grand less than the above. That three grand can go a long way with mods like wheels, dv, remap, engine tuning.... I work for RAC and audi assist is just a posh RAC cover worth £70 a year. Anyway, you pay more but if the cars goes bad, u go back...to the stealers. Buy private and your f*&ked! Tricky 1.

Thanks for your help guys, I'll go and give it a spin and kick the tyres. All being well I'll be blazing a trail home in it.

Catch you later.

Sounds like it's already bought to me.
Just sign on the dotted line. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif