A3_Turbo's Build Thread

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Thought it was about time to post one of these...

99 A3 1.8T AGU
Spec:

K03S Turbo (Running at 1.5 Bar)
Turbo Back miltek mated to a custom twin
Miltek Sports Cat
Neuspeed TIP
Forge 007P
BMC CDA with 3 inch Cold feed
Custom made Pro alloy FMIC
Jabba Sport Stage 2 Mapping
4 Bar FBR
Raid HP Boost gauge in custom made holder in place of drivers air vent
H&R Arb's
H&R Cup kit 55mm Front 45mm Rear
18" Porsce cup 3's
Facelift Front and rear lights
10k HID's
Debadged rear
De-wipered rear and custom glass insert
Aero Arm and wiper kit on the front
German plates with ABT tuning surrounds
Alpine IPOD Ready headunit
JBL GTO Sub and Amp
TT Pedals
Tinted Side repeaters
Stubby aerial
Momo Team wheel
Custom S4 Front bumper
S3 Rear bumper

proalloy1zn6.png

proalloy2rq8.png

a3build1kx3.png

a3build2qm0.png

a3build3ob3.png

a3build4kx8.png

a3buildthreadhi5.png

a3build1on6.png

a3build2yu8.png

a3build3zj6.png

a3build4ac5.png

a3build5sn4.png

a3build6kv0.png

What you all reckon? Lots more pics to follow.....

Jason

Done some good work there mate, you got it on a rolling road yet?

Thanks Jim,

Ive had it RR'd at Jabba it made 240 BHP and 250 FTLB's but it wasnt running right, ive since been back and they've tweaked the map it was only hitting 0.9 Bar then so hopefully when i next get it RR'd i should see more more ponies!

Jason

nice...:)

but I would get a twin tailpipe (VW Mk4 one) and cut though the valance, will sit better

do you have aby pics of the H&R ARB's?

Abdus,

No pics of the H&R ARB's im afraid they've been on a while now had them fitted at APS.

Im going to be changing the backbox altogether soon as its just way too loud! Hopefully should have an S3 rear bumper on it in the next few weeks so i'll look at a twin then, nice and quiet me thinks!

Jason

would look much better imo.

no prob for the pics

Thanks Jim,

Ive had it RR'd at Jabba it made 240 BHP and 250 FTLB's but it wasnt running right, ive since been back and they've tweaked the map it was only hitting 0.9 Bar then so hopefully when i next get it RR'd i should see more more ponies!

Jason
so at only 0.9bar boost you got 240bhp/250ftlbs from a k03s?thought they were only good for that maxed out?what bhp do these make then?

Jason your car looks tough, nice spec also, quite simular to my set up!

Your not that far from me, would like to go out in your car, thinking of getting those same ARBs..

I think i saw you on the A30 today going towards staines.. was it you? wasnt in my car, but spotted what looked like your a3??

The Pro-alloy FMIC set me back a fair bit £1000 fitted, stupid really because prawn has a FMIC for a quarter of the price. No trimming what-so ever needed but i dont think Pro-alloy actually make a FMIC for the A3 so i believe this is the 1st one?

Be good to get her on the rollers again now she's running right, Ive had this a few years now and never had to change the MAF is it worth doing if no errors are being shown on Vag-Com?

And yes never believe what Jabba's rollers say! Im more interested in Fltb's than BHP so hopefully i'll improve on the 250 i got with the more boost im running now.

Got lots more plans for the A3 to come... :yes:

And shy dont think that was me this morning? Ive only just got up had a heavy night out last night lol.

Jason

lol, no saturday afternoon around 4-5pm on the A30.. not today lol. I also recently woke up from a late night.

Oh i see lol, Most probably was me then!
Pm me your number some-time if your not too far from me?

Jason

99 A3 1.8T AGU
Spec:

K03S Turbo (Running at 1.5 Bar)
Turbo Back miltek mated to a custom 3 Inch Oval
Miltek Sports Cat
Neuspeed TIP
Forge 007P
BMC CDA with 3 inch Cold feed
Custom made Pro alloy FMIC
Jabba Sport Stage 2 Mapping
Raid HP Boost gauge in custom made holder in place of drivers air vent
H&R Arb's
H&R Cup kit 55mm Front 45mm Rear
18" RS4'S
Facelift Front and rear lights
10k HID's
Debadged rear and Debadged front grill
De-wipered rear and custom glass insert
Aero Arm and wiper kit on the front
Tints all round
German plates with ABT tuning surrounds
Ripspeed motorised DVD Headunit
JBL GTO Sub and Amp
TT Pedals
Tinted Side repeaters
Stubby aerial

Your head unit which one is it? And do you get any troubles with it......Only asking because i was thinking of getting one and are they any good? I have a bose system but my head unit is on its last legs

Mo,

It works fine for me? Had it about a year now im changing it pretty soon for an alpine unit so its yours if you want it? Dont want much for it..
The dvd quality is suprisingly good too!

Did you have to cut the bumper bar to fit the FMIC in?
How thick it the intercooler core?

Nothing was cut what-so ever i believe this was the 1st one made for an A3 so everything was measured etc so no trimming would be needed.

Alot of money though i know, if i was to do it again id go for a cheaper option and some trimming. does look good though.

Core is fairly thick i'll have to measure it for exact spec though.

Jason

Hi,

Wheels are in need of a Refurb soonish. Would some-one mind doing my RS4'S in matt black on photoshop please?

Kinda feelin the Black mirrors and black roof to match too? What you reckon?

Jason

Not a guru but heres an effort,i couldnt get the roof to look any better.

a3buildthreadhi5.png

a3buildthreadhi.jpg

i have the same front mount on my a3 dont thing was £1000 though was somthin like £700
19052008.jpg

mine dont look so heathly at moment though need some new pipe work. intercooler realy is spot on though

a3build1on6.png

There isnt much of the intercooler in the airflow and with the inlet/outlet at the top wont most of the air travel through that part which is covered by the bumper?

There isnt much airflow your right there. Seems to do the job its intended for though.

Cheers for the photoshop though, not sure if black roof etc looks good or not now...

Jason

Ive seen a few cars with black roofs and they look good,better than my photoshop effort anyway.
Have a look at J7USS' and ROCKO's A4's.

roof and mirrors look good! get those bumpers colour coded too!!

josh

The roof and mirrors would look brilliant! Do the wheels too, but keep the centre caps the original colour i seen that on a few euro golfs and it looks pretty nice! I say for go a RS4 front with Jaywoo-style smoothed and painted back. Just my idea input!

Plus an RS4 front would get a teeny bit more airflow!

Id get the s3 bumpers as planned, roof, mirrors, not a fan of the RS4 wheels personally, Some other wheels in black, it would definatly stand out.

Then you'd have the looks as well as the speed.

Would you get in glossy black, matt, metalic??

Im thinking gloss black roof and mirrors personally. Nearly got hold of an S3 Front and rear end now so should start looking differernt pretty soon!

Im not a fan of the RS4'S either but the only wheels i like are £££ I wouldnt mind a set of LM reps though black center with a chrome dish. I only swapped my Fuel 5's as i needed new tyres all round and the RS4's had new tyres all round fair deal i thought!

Watch this space!

Jason

OH MAN I CAN SEE THE R32 JUST POKING THROUGH IN THE FIRST SET OF PICS!!!

Haha yes, Unfortunatly thats my mums i try to drive it as often as possible!
One day...... when i can insure the ****** thing!!

Jason

well heres the front end rs look bumper helps abit with air but sadly intercooler sits too high still

DSC01572.jpg

06062008002.jpg

06062008.jpg

pics are not too good as was dark inside unit

well heres the front end rs look bumper helps abit with air but sadly intercooler sits too high still

DSC01572.jpg

06062008002.jpg

06062008.jpg

pics are not too good as was dark inside unit

are you from cov?? i've seen that car before

You've got one the nicest A3's there mate. That was simons old A3 on ED38 check out all his build progress on there.

Is that salmmed right down on FK'S? I think he had it on Bags before he sold it.

Wanna sell your wheels let me know!

Jason

yes was simons before then it got in abit of a bump so i had to rebuild it and im telling u now some custom parts were a nightmare to get. the wheels were the werse as the lips are not standerd they are alot wider then the orginal for the wheel.

yea car is still on fk's not as low as it was not practical to use so low to many speed breakers in coventry

got a k04 setup complete of a bam just need to get the down pipe made up with my orginal then ill get that fitted little ko3 on this car looses all its steam above 70

ste 1210 you from coventry then? i thought i'd seen that car around

Air is forced up and around the intercooler when driving. Also, air from the turbo will flow through all of the intercooler otherwise you wouldn't see any boost. It's forced to every part in the system before you get positive pressure.