EM TuningBadger5
    3rd Gear

Status

My passeneger window stopped working!

Ive read the forums and it seems that a clip may be broken? When i press the button i can hear a click like its trying to work but it doesnt move! So annoying, is it a case of just removing the panel and fitting a new clip?

Thanks guys

Allan
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Same thing happened the other week on my drivers side, no warning just came out to it in am went to open window and got no movement? just like you say you can hear a "click" from the motor. Took door panel off expecting the worse checked the wiring inside of gater that passes though from the a panel to the door, no sign of trouble there, checked wiring inside of the door shell, gave the switch a good blow with airline plugged back in again and the window worked straight away, sprayed some w/d down the window runners no problems since.Take it that neither driver side switch or passenger works? Did once sort out similar problem with relations Clio passenger window went down would not come back up (either switch) traced the problem to driver side wiring inside gater that passes from door to body shell (broken wire).
    I'd try just removing the door card first checking the wiring and switches first.
    Good luck all the best Houch
    Houch

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks m8y, ill check it out at the wkend. Ill keep you posted.

Allan
    2001 Audi S3 - Facelift - Revo remap - Forge 007p DV - BMC Panel Filter- Type R Ariel - Aero wipers - n75j valve.

It's not f@cking ORANGE!!!!!

Status
    Sounds like the plastic clip that attaches to the window has broken, its a very common fault. You will need to strip the door down, which is pretty self explanitary when you start, and remove the top off the door frame which is also the window runner. You will see that there's a cable that runs all the way round and is connected to the winder mech. Attached to this cable are two plastic clips that hold the window in place. It is more than likely that one of these is brokem (if not the switch as mentioned in the post before). You can get them on ebay for about 11 plus postage. Hope this helps.
    JAFFASPORT - 2001 Facelift, 218/237/216bhp AMK, Absolute Red, Thrashed to Death, Car Park Dents Everywhere, Kei Flux's, Knackered Shocks, Scuffed Rear Bumper and in need of a good Hoover!!

BLACK EVO BEATER -2001 Facelift, 349bhp AMK, Ebony Black, Blue Seats, 4 Wheels, Brakes, Exhaust, Headlights, Sh!t loads of boost and up for sale!

RGV 250N - Bloody fast and loads of fun........I get wet a lot when it rains....

3rd Gear

Status

Smile

Seem to have fixed it, took the door card off and gave the plugs a good blow, put it back together and it still didnt work, then i disconnected the battery for half an hour and when connected back up the wiondow worked wahoo!

Just hope it stays working now.

Allan
    Last edited by Jonesy; 14th July 2008 at 15:40.