tyres

putang

Reaction score
Anyone tried Avon zz3 tyres on there motor?

My uncle owns a place called if motorsport up at knockhill and the are a avon outlet.

It does not have to be zz3s any avon tyre, feedback appreciated.

They are ok, I had them on my Passat, and they performed pretty good for my usage, wouldn't call it a high performance tyre though.

i run zz3`s on my S3 and I like them, they seem to wear ok and look very square on the rim. Ie nice straight sidewalls. Some others look streached.

iv got avon zz3 just paid 85 quid fitted for one, didnt think that was too bad, i thnk there good

I had some zz3's on the front of my old a3 1.8t, imo i thought they was a very good tyre, wear quite well, pretty quiet and quite grippy, up to a point :racer:

They are a good qulaity tyre (construction wise) but are very hard compund. They will last very well compared to grippier softer tyres like Toyos etc.

I know someone that swears by them on his a6, reckons the extra weight of the car needs a harder tyre and he likes them. They are good value bearing in mind they will probably last about 30-50% longer than some tyres 20% more expensive.

TBH just get a set and try it out. I had to get new tyres and saw the Vredstein ones and thought sod it try it and very happy with the results. In your case you uncle can get the for you cheapely I bet so get em on, test them and then report back!!

My friend had them on his Rover 25, good tyres by his account, better than the pirelli p6000's anyway.

He chose a Rover 25? I'd question his ability to put his shoes on the correct feet let alone recommend tyres. I would take his recommendations with a very large fistful of salt!