Interior/exterior LEDS

A3_Turbo

Swaying towards IHI....
Reaction score
Hi,

About to order some interior.exterior LEDS for my A3.

There's so many to choose from on ultraleds.co.uk.

Im looking for Sidelights,Interior lights, and exterior lights the ones that light the number plate up.

Can any-one point me in the right direction of which ones to go for?

Many thanks

I dont really want to go the ambient route TBH just want to change my exisiting bulbs.

Any-ideas any-one what bulbs they are in the number plate ones and hte interior light?

Cheers

Measure the bulbs in mm's as ive forgotton the measurement as it was ages since i changed mine, but you wana get festoon bulbs, all are the same size from the interior lights, glovebox light, number plate light. the side light is a 501 bulb.

I took a guess at most of them, as long as the touch the contacts and fit in the gap your fine. I still haven't managed to get the map reading lights working though. Have the right bulbs they just don't seem to wanna work.

i have the same problem jim, i have no idea why those little bulbs dont work.. i have had 2 sets of different bulbs in there, same number, but different source, none of them worked. i think they have to be a particular wattage.

I used THESE in the map reading lights in my S3, front & rear.
Didn't have any problems with them, maybe the A3 is wired slightly different?

LED's tend to only work if installed the correct way, not a problem with the festoon's, you just put them in the other way, bit different with the BA9's for the map lights, you could try using some extra wire to try and reverse the connection to see if that's the problem

I used that same guy for LEDs the first time, his LEDs dont last longer than a couple of weeks, ive been through 3 sets of rear number plate lights in a matter of months, and when i take them out, to check them only 2-3 out of 6 or 8 are still working, really cheap quality.. when it comes to LEDs you get what you pay for, baught an expensive set and they are still working from over 6 months ago...

Regarding the way they sit in the bulb holder, my map reading lights are screw cap rather than bayonnette which is why it was quite hard to find a set that are xenon white, had to go to a doll house part supplier, and still nothing. The second set i tried wer LED and tried as many ways to put it in and still didnt work.

So still that ugly yellow atm. Rest of the bulbs are white tho.