German number plates = Police

nicklght

Imthegod
Reaction score
Had a set of white german number plates on my car for over a year now without any problems, until yesterday when my car was parked in the street and the police came knocking to tell me i had an illegal rear number plate on my car and said i had to change the rear 1 as it was white to a yellow 1.(Nothing about them being german)!!!!:busted_cop:

I thought no problem as i have got away with it for over a year i will change the rear to a yellow 1 (as the police said thats all i have got to do)
and i have got a spare set of standard plates in the boot for just in cases!!!
So put a yellow standard plate on this morning and then went out to the car about an hour ago to find that someone has stolen my rear plate!!!!!

So now i have got a white german plate on the front and nothing on the back, so i have informed the police!
:wtf:

Gutted

Excuse me for laughing & sorry but it is kinda funny, lol, lol if you think about it, whats the chance huh, of that happening, you gotta see the funny side of it, lol.

But koodoes to you for getting away with it for a year, lol, I find it amazing how people dont get pulled for some of the plates I've seen, letters all over place & spaced so way out & totally illegal, how can the cops pass them up but do you for wrong colour, I mean
:wtf:

Lol oh i see the funny side of it, just cant believe its happened!!!

Thats right i have got away with it for a year but i get told to change them when it was parked up which i thought was silly!!!

LOL thats just my luck though! I blame the police and hope im not gonna be a victim of vehicle identity theft!!!!!

lol, now thats fecking funny, vehicle identity theft, lol,

:lmfao::lmfao:

Really can't believe that Nick! Why the hell do they bother?!! I had my front number plate snapped in two about a year ago for some strange reason.

I seriously can't wait until the day I can afford to move out of this area. It's only a matter of time before the car gets broken into or vandalised. There's a nice old man on my street who's had his wing mirrors snapped off 19 times!!

Ramblings of a drunken idiot ;)

You might want to step off your soap box matey and then read Nick's original post again because at no point was he moaning about the police asking him to change them. The main point to his post is actually that shortly after removing his illegal plate, some pikey decided to steal his legal one!

Well thats true especially on a DB9 which is my ultimate car at moment, but how can they pull him for that & then not pull someone with the letter spacing absolutely & ridiculously spaced & layed out, I mean some of the plates I've seen I'm ****** amazed they get away with it.

You might want to step off your soap box matey and then read Nick's original post again because at no point was he moaning about the police asking him to change them. The main point to his post is actually that shortly after removing his illegal plate, some pikey decided to steal his legal one!

Uh sorry JCS, he is actually right in what he says I'm afraid I have to agree on this point.

OK, I'm p***ed apologies to all.

That's what happens when you go drinking on a school night.

Apologies once again for any offence caused.

I can remember a mate of mine had both front and rear plates nicked off his car in a cinema car park and the police simply didn't want to know.

Ok, I'm off to bed to sleep off what is no doubt going to be an immense hangover...

Original post now deleted in some half-ar**d attempt to hide the ramblings of a drunken idiot!

That's me BTW.

Yep, I'm still here, drinking lots of water and trying not to think about that 3 hour meeting I'm in from 9am...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao::lmfao:

At least he's honest & apologetic, but wasnt really offensive, just missed a few posts further up mate thats all fella so no sweat as far as I'm concerned.

Take 2 ibruprofen aswell, is the room spinning yet, lol.

you sure you fitted it right, has it just fallen off ???

only kidding seems strange for them to take only the rear one.

As for the police I think they are clamping down on illegal number plates , its a easy target for the figures ...............