Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    3rd Gear

Status

Think someone tried to break into my car last night!

A few weeks back some little scrote noticed a box of CD's left in my girlfriends passenger footwell and proceeded to wrap their fingers round the top of the door and pull it back. They stuck their had down the gap, pulled on the door pin and gained entry to the car. They took all her CDs and a selection of other crap in the glovebox; bit of a pain in the arse but what does she expect leaving a case of CDs in plain view in our area! We were just grateful that she'd taken the stereo fascia off the car as my parents had given her the CD player for her birthday only a month ago!

Anyway wind forward to this morning and I was climbing into my car when I noticed a set of greasy fingerprints along the top of my roof between the top of the drivers door and the gutter. Thinking I'd done it myself the night before I started to wipe them off, and it was only then that I noticed a palm print on the window, just below the fingerprints! It looks like someone has thought about trying the same trick as they did with the gf's. Quite why they'd bother I'm not sure because the doors sit flush with the roofline, I leave nothing on display (apart from the sexy suede/leather Recaros!), the door pins on the S3 disappear down into the door panel, and there's a bright red flashing LED next to it advising them not to bother as the car is alarmed!

I'm now going to be really paranoid..well even more paranoid than I was considering the dodgy area we live in and the copious amounts of weed I smoked when I was a youngster!
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    My advice? Take a week off work, get a ghilli suit and sit in the bushes, as soon as he starts his rubbish jump out and cut off both his hands.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TheSpaceCowboy View Post
    My advice? Take a week off work, get a ghilli suit and sit in the bushes, as soon as he starts his rubbish jump out and cut off both his hands.
    Alistair

"Why don't you listen to something really classical, like Mozart, Mendelssohn or Motorhead?"
    Arnold Rimmer, 1988

Commuting & Weekend Fun:
    Yamaha YZF-1000R Thunder Ace in Blue/Black

Practical Alternative (Still fun though!!):
    S3 2002/51 AMK Silver, Symphony II + Bose + xCarLink + AndyMac Stealth Sub, Metallic Mirrors, Heated Black Leather, Cruise control.

3rd Gear

Status
    Pikeys! I'm with the cowboy on this, and when you catch him open up a can whoop ass on him!! but then again he's probably only 12 anyway, (presuming it was a he and not a her) could you still do it?!?

1st Gear

Status
    get this
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-DAY-NIGHT-...d=p3286.c0.m14

job done. thats what i got on my car. not to mention my cars got a Clifford INTELLIGUARD 950
    http://shop.audioimages.co.uk/cliffo...tem-p-608.html

A3 - 1.8Ts

Status
    I noticed a face (nose and forehead) print and two set of finger prints on my car the other week...****ers
    Turbo Sport, Auto (I know!), A lot of 's -and rising [latest add: Recon'd. tranny] sunk in her since Aug. 07...

3rd Gear

Status
    I've just been out to make sure the alarm still works and it's fine so that's a good start. She's also parked right outside the house so I can keep and eye on her

Darkangel - Thanks for the camera link. I was just looking at the same kit on eBuyer. How have you got yours hooked up? Ideally I'd be after something which I can connect to my PC and has motion detection so only records when it senses movement. I'm guessing this kit isn't that fancy?
    2001 S3 AMK in black - Ambient lighting kit and Aero wipers.
    Is it wrong to love your car more than your girlfriend? - When you no longer have a girlfriend it's fine!

3rd Gear

Status
    is there away too turn up the siren noise? cos imo i dont think they are loud enough.
    Audi A4 Avant 1.9TDI Quattro Sport 2004

3rd Gear

Status
    As i think voorhees once said, the alarm sounds like a digital watch down a well.
    2006 - A4 - 1997 1.8T 20VS, Full Black Recaro Leathers, Concert, Climate Control, Facelifted, Remus, Front armrest! - Sold
    2007 - A3 20vs -bridge gap motor....
    2008 - Think its time for the Civic Type R.
    2009 - Screw a Type R. Got a VR6 instead (missed even now)
    2011 - Focus St170. < what was i thinking...
    2012 - Lateee 8L S3 with EVERY extra....Broken...other asn members enjoying my parts!
    NOW! - B5 S4 Avant - 2.7 Twin Turbo POWWEERR! WWOOOOOSSSHHH!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by themanthatcan View Post
    I've just been out to make sure the alarm still works and it's fine so that's a good start. She's also parked right outside the house so I can keep and eye on her

Darkangel - Thanks for the camera link. I was just looking at the same kit on eBuyer. How have you got yours hooked up? Ideally I'd be after something which I can connect to my PC and has motion detection so only records when it senses movement. I'm guessing this kit isn't that fancy?
    yeah its hooked up. its not that fancy but work at night :-)
    my alarm has a sensor so if anyone goes near it then the alarm beeps. then i switch the tv onto the channel the cameras on and hit record :-)
    u can buy some real nice one that u can hook upto the PC but u need a pci card an i only have a laptop now :-S

1st Gear

Status
    Noticed someone had taken (what I presume were) a pair of pliers to my rear window recently. They made very poor attempt to pull the top of the rear window catch and have subsequently scratched it. Not happy, particularly if was done on my own bloody drive!!!

Oil running through my veins.

Status
    *******s, park it under a street lamp or fix a security light as a deterant, motion sensor alarm..

While we're on the subject of vandals/people breaking in... what alarm systems are people using?

Toad has never done me wrong, i know clifford is all gimmic, but what else do people use apart from the standard system...
    Totally addicted to boost.

Imthegod

Status
    Hey themanthatcan thats not good mate!

I will have to keep an eye on mine aswell as i only park mine 2 streets away from yours! The really dont care round this area, they have been using the mickey hammers from the back of a bus (the little red 1 with points either end) to break into alot of cars round this area! I know this because we have caught a few of them!

Hope your car is ok and safe now and hopefully they were just being nosey and looking at your interior!

Nick Light

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by nicklght View Post
    Hope your car is ok and safe now and hopefully they were just being nosey and looking at your interior!
    Maybe its someone on here!
    2006 - A4 - 1997 1.8T 20VS, Full Black Recaro Leathers, Concert, Climate Control, Facelifted, Remus, Front armrest! - Sold
    2007 - A3 20vs -bridge gap motor....
    2008 - Think its time for the Civic Type R.
    2009 - Screw a Type R. Got a VR6 instead (missed even now)
    2011 - Focus St170. < what was i thinking...
    2012 - Lateee 8L S3 with EVERY extra....Broken...other asn members enjoying my parts!
    NOW! - B5 S4 Avant - 2.7 Twin Turbo POWWEERR! WWOOOOOSSSHHH!

5th Gear

Status
    Clifford alarms are very good if installed and set-up correctly.
    Sounds like yours isnt GreenMachine, get it checked out by a local alarm fitter.
    I had a clifford intelliguard Concept 650 and it was brilliant, never missed a beat.

Cliffords are complicated alarm systems which is why they require setting up properly
    2001 Audi S3 l MTM Remap l 252.7bhp 432.4Nm l Forge 007P l ECS Porsche Stage 2v2 Front Brake Set-up l ECS Stage 1 Rear Brake Set-up l 18" RS4 Alloy Wheels

5th Gear

Status
    When my S3 was keyed by some little scrotes I got this:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...97467&doy=25m6

and this to record it directly to my PC's hard drive

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...21498&doy=25m6

It cost a bit but I think it's worth it (especially if it happens again)
    S3 AMK
    Bilstein B8's & Eibach Springs, Neuspeed ARB's (22mm front & 19mm rear).

Badger 5's Machined Discs with DS2500 pads & HEL braided lines.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ash_s3 View Post
    Clifford alarms are very good if installed and set-up correctly.
    Sounds like yours isnt GreenMachine, get it checked out by a local alarm fitter.
    I had a clifford intelliguard Concept 650 and it was brilliant, never missed a beat.

Cliffords are complicated alarm systems which is why they require setting up properly

i second that :-)

i love my alarm. its got black jaxx

BlackJax is fully automatic: no buttons or transmitters to push when a gun is involved. Just get away from the vehicle. BlackJax allows the criminal to drive away a safe distance. Then, a few seconds later, BlackJax blares the siren and flashes the lights to alert other drivers and witnesses. It then pulses down the ignition system to safely force the vehicle to slow to a complete stop. Siren blaring and lights flashing, unable to restart the engine, the carjacker has no choice but to abandon the vehicle.

works perfect. altho mines THATCHAM Category 1 approved. it dont make a diff to my insurance..grrr.

6th Gear

Status
    These cars are worryingly easy to break into so if any of you guys leave anything valuable in the car, my advice is simply dont, whether its on display or not.

I'm not gonna mention the method for obvious reasons but a few people on here will know what it is already, all i'll say is that it's a serious weak point and you'd be in the car in seconds, with the pathetic alarm alerting nobody.
    *Gone* 1997 A3 1.6 facelift headlights, 16"1.8t Alloys, full rear tints. 110k

You built a time machine.........out of a delorean!?!?!