had my car remapped today

S90GAV

Reaction score
had a look too GTI inters today, while i was there i got my re remapped. pritty pleased with it, it drives like a totally different car now, throttle respone seem too be a lot better, dont have to push down on the pedal as much to it to go. was worth the drive from newcaslte. filled up lastnight £70 ( :( ) got 420miles till the light came on soo not bad imo.

:redrs4:

Oh well good to see you're pleased with the difference, going to Triple H at Whitley bay this week for the revo free trial, hope i'm as pleased.

cool, didnt realise you were from my neck of the woods

Should have sorted a mini convoy to the inters:racer: ha ha, funnily enough i rang the guy from Triple H today & he was down where you were aswell.

GAV did they have a mobile rolling road showing before and after figures?

Should have sorted a mini convoy to the inters:racer: ha ha, funnily enough i rang the guy from Triple H today & he was down where you were aswell.

im sure you'll have done ya research mate, can you not find someone with a Revo for you to drive? the Revo trial is supposed to revert to below standard settings rather than what you had on originally

im sure you'll have done ya research mate, can you not find someone with a Revo for you to drive? the Revo trial is supposed to revert to below standard settings rather than what you had on originally
Yeah i know what you mean, i've read that some people think that it reverts back to less power, but also alot of people think its just simply a case of it FEELING alot slower than before, after reading GAV's glowing report about his CC map i'm reconsidering my options:uhm:
Unfortunately i don't even know anyone who has a S3 never mind a Revo'd one:crying: so its just gonna be a case of choosing one & hoping for the best i'm afraid, have done a fair bit of reading up on other peoples opinions about them tho'.

No probs VR just sticking ma Ore in making sure you knew mate:beerchug:

if your down sheffield way you can have a spin in my CC'd car....unless you travel for a living id guess that'd be out fella:icon_thumright:, the offers there

Yeah i know what you mean, i've read that some people think that it reverts back to less power, but also alot of people think its just simply a case of it FEELING alot slower than before, after reading GAV's glowing report about his CC map i'm reconsidering my options:uhm:
Unfortunately i don't even know anyone who has a S3 never mind a Revo'd one:crying: so its just gonna be a case of choosing one & hoping for the best i'm afraid, have done a fair bit of reading up on other peoples opinions about them tho'.

Its not a case of it "Feeling" slower it really is slower. I had the trial on mine and the temp sender went before I was even given the keys. So I drove it like a grandad until that got sorted when it got sorted the trial was up and the car was definately slower. I hadn't felt the power of the trial so I was not comparing it to more power at all. I went for CC and have been very happy not to mention its almost half price.

HTH

Thanks for the offers/advise/experiences on the re-maps, DaveMK that is well worrying about it being slower after the trial when you did'nt even feel the extra ponies :shrug:, i think i've decided to contact CC afterall now, i've just noticed they are discounting by 30% anyway now & they have mobile guys to come to your door:yahoo:, to be honest on the whole i've heard more worrying things about Revo than CC....

Sorry Gav for kinda Hijacking your thread dude :blush:

Yup sorry Gav lol

VR, CC used to be Revo agents, Revo refused to let them change it the spec, so they created their own... i was a bit worried by the Revo thing.

Oh and i hear the CC's are giving 40% discount at GTI international WINK!!

VR GUY where are u based? im in london/ coventry sides with a revo on my s3 if u want a spin.

Thanks for the offer S3 RAV but i live in Newcastle so its probably a bit far to come over for a spin, think i've decided to go the CC route now anyway. Cheers

CC used to be Revo agents, Revo refused to let them change it the spec, so they created their own... i was a bit worried by the Revo thing.
Hey Tim :no: no dissing the Revo please

I had cc done about 3 months ago but i had a revo map done at GTI inter for a bargin £468 inc the top sps select, the guys at revo seemed really genuine (unlike some others i could mention) and the car is now definately faster than it was with cc.

Tormaline....it may feel faster as the power delivery is set up different so your not gonna be able to tell without wackin it on the rollers....wait for the results from Saturday as to whether it really is:whistle2:

Jay, get off ya soap box:haha:

I had cc done about 3 months ago but i had a revo map done at GTI inter for a bargin £468 inc the top sps select, the guys at revo seemed really genuine (unlike some others i could mention) and the car is now definately faster than it was with cc.
excellent :rock:

Revo is definately, 100%, faster than cc on my s3 as i have timed it on many occasions across a known distance(about 1/4 mile) from a rolling start.
Std=90mph
revo(trial)=95mph
custom code=93mph (was gutted at the time)
revo= 96mph

Also as to how it was set up, i had revo set up to be quite a smooth power delivery but it still feels much faster, especially when overtaking.

Surely it should be faster as cc quotes about 250bhp and 260ft/lb
and revo quotes 265bhp and 285ft/lb

You mean you didn't go for the remap then???

that question was for the saturday,

on the sunday i went up to CC they had a que, and plus am broke :(

was still waiting for you to offer to pay for it, :)

Revo is definately, 100%, faster than cc on my s3 as i have timed it on many occasions across a known distance(about 1/4 mile) from a rolling start.
Std=90mph
revo(trial)=95mph
custom code=93mph (was gutted at the time)
revo= 96mph

Also as to how it was set up, i had revo set up to be quite a smooth power delivery but it still feels much faster, especially when overtaking.

Surely it should be faster as cc quotes about 250bhp and 260ft/lb
and revo quotes 265bhp and 285ft/lb

Nope i think you'll find CC quote 270-275BHP and 260 -270 Torque.....they must be different horses in the Revo map in that case? maybe hyped up on valium.... seriously, the set up is evened out on the CC...they map up pretty much the same.... and for you to quote in single MPH figures, trial = 95mph, Actual revo = 96mph....thats just being silly.....

100% faster....rubbish..... different power in different places....ultimately....there wouldnt be much in it at the finish line...decided mainly by the driver.... :meeting:

Think Tim has hit the nail on the head there :thumbsup: Revo may feel faster but it's just the way the map delivers the power. Revo gives you a big kick low-down and then runs out of puff further up the rev range. CC is a more gradual power delivery which allows full use of the rev range and results in a smoother drive.

It really depends on what you want from your car.

........and all provided with a lower boost figure i believe...... again we'll get a good indicator on the rollers Saturday.... My CC against Voorhees (Jay's) Revo..... but im not expecting to see much difference if any.

the 100% faster comment is a sweeping statement that is totally flawed, perhaps it was worth the £468 over the top of the £320 i paid for my CC (although i can't revert my car to standard)....its always going to be a personal thing

Does any one with a custom code remap know if they adjust any settings or were asked what fuel they used when the had there s3 rempped? i currently use v-power but does the custom code remap take this into account in the settings? or do i get the same power as some one using normal unleaded?:motz:

I never changed my Revo settings when I first put v-power in but noticed it was quicker...hope that helps

Harry ring JBS mate, i seem to think they did something when installing mine due to using Vpower

I was told by someone (either you Tim, or VRBob) to mention it when getting the map done and they would tweak a setting, but Leigh from CC didn't really seem that interested when I mentioned it to him.

Leigh did mine..... although he made a point of asking about Vpower...... weird..... might give them a ring tomoz and ask...

Yes I remember Jojo being so cocksure but now hes a quivering mess clutching a Leicester City season ticket repeating 'Revo all the way'