Astra VXR Nurburgring

1animal1

The Clar!! it mouves!!!
Reaction score
Just had a play in the wet with one of these bad boys......wooo they seem very quick mid range, although once he'd shot his load his car seemed to reduce in terms of pace, laggy Vauxhalls!!!..... took a roundabout like he was driving a barge though and accelerated off with tons of spin...true to say i wasnt all over him even in the wet!!, although true to form i think the S3 edged it like it should in these conditions:hi:...

Oh god not one of these again Tim!

Just had a play in the wet with one of these bad boys......wooo they seem very quick mid range, although once he'd shot his load his car seemed to reduce in terms of pace, laggy Vauxhalls!!!..... took a roundabout like he was driving a barge though and accelerated off with tons of spin...true to say i wasnt all over him even in the wet!!, although true to form i think the S3 edged it like it should in these conditions:hi:...

Good man.

p

haha, why not.... only bitta fun:whistle2:..... i dont go looking for trouble, it finds me:racer:

Theyre fairly pokey arn't they! and I must admit, the chav in me really likes the exhaust note, and definately the way it pops and spits changing down a cog. It sounds great!

I had a play with one a few months back (on an airfield) , and I must say, it was fair on a dead heat with my A3, from about 30mph up to 130mph there was literally NOTHING in it, me chasing him. It also held it's own on the bends too, although it certainly wasn't able to get away.

Lovely motors, I hate vauxhalls, but I like these :)

yeah Prawn, definately worth their weight, when he planted it in front of me the Remus exhaust that they put on these spec editions sounds really nice.... im still not sold on the interior though, nice...but would grain on me after week 2 with how cheap the materials are. Would defo have one for a company car, until the residuals start kicking in as we all know they will

Fair to say i think id have lost on the dry..... just knew enough about them to know in the wet he'd be stuffed:haha:....play to your strengths:beerchug:

Prawn, what sort of 1/4 mile times are you knocking out with yours mate

No idea what it runs Tim, when I was up against the VXR, it was in the dry.

I've not taken mine to pod yet, but when it's working properly (not often), I'd hope it would run somewhere mid 14's. As a comparison, mine tends to be a dead heat or slightly quicker than a normal stage 1 mapped S3, depending on the map, and they seem to run low 14's.

be good if we could do some testing, site linked or get a few other VAG sites in on the action, midlands where its accessible for most....... im curious what difference running a 1/4 will make in 2wd and 4wd (you know what i mean)....